News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Coca-Cola to discontinue Tab

Started by golden eagle, October 20, 2020, 10:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP Cook

And an interesting development from KO.  A new package for Coca-Cola Zero Sugar.   More or less exactly the familiar red regular Coca-Cola package, just with the white letter swapped for black.   While they have not changed the formula at all, it is billed as, and this is significant "The best Coke ever" , with no mention of its diet status.  KO is, more or less, merging Coke and Coke Zero Sugar as two versions of the same brand, with one ad campaign, etc. 

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: SP Cook on August 12, 2021, 10:02:50 AM
And an interesting development from KO.  A new package for Coca-Cola Zero Sugar.   More or less exactly the familiar red regular Coca-Cola package, just with the white letter swapped for black.   While they have not changed the formula at all, it is billed as, and this is significant "The best Coke ever" , with no mention of its diet status.  KO is, more or less, merging Coke and Coke Zero Sugar as two versions of the same brand, with one ad campaign, etc. 

I like Coke Zero much more than Diet Coke. I wish restaurants would either switch over or make both available. I know a few do, but not many.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

hbelkins

Quote from: cabiness42 on August 12, 2021, 10:09:15 AM

I like Coke Zero much more than Diet Coke. I wish restaurants would either switch over or make both available. I know a few do, but not many.

I'm the opposite. I've had plenty of Coke Zero, but still prefer Diet Coke.

Something interesting I discovered: For awhile, Walmart was pricing Coke Zero well below what it charged for Diet Coke and other Coke brands. I prefer larger bottles (the 16.9-oz. bottles come in six-packs) and the price for Coke Zero was $2.75, while Diet Coke and other Coke brands was $3.48. I was buying a lot of Coke Zero then, but it was giving me heartburn.

Now, Walmart has gone up to $3.88 for a six-pack of all Coke products.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

wanderer2575

Marketing is weird.  I'm not surprised that one ad campaign with the message "it's a diet product that tastes great" is targeted to one demographic while a separate campaign with the message "it's a great-tasting product that just happens to be low in calories" is targeted to another demographic.  People are so sensitive (read: easily offended) that ad messages have to be ridiculously specific.

kphoger

Yep.  I often get it at Chick-fil-A, because it's one of the ones they offer.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Scott5114

Quote from: wanderer2575 on August 12, 2021, 10:45:26 AM
People are so sensitive (read: easily offended) that ad messages have to be ridiculously specific.

This has absolutely nothing to do with people being easily offended and everything to do with different types of people having different motivations for spending money.

"Buy this product because it will make you look cool to all your friends" will sell things to teenagers and young adults. It doesn't work so well on senior citizens.

"Buy this product because it will make sure your family is taken care of when you die" will sell things to senior citizens but not work so well to teenagers.

For a product like a beverage that works equally well for multiple demographics, it's just common sense to come up with as many messages as you can in order to appeal to as many demographics as you can.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Takumi

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 12, 2021, 01:04:57 PM
People are so sensitive (read: easily offended) that ad messages have to be ridiculously specific.

This has absolutely nothing to do with people being easily offended and everything to do with different types of people having different motivations for spending money.

"Buy this product because it will make you look cool to all your friends" will sell things to teenagers and young adults. It doesn't work so well on senior citizens.

"Buy this product because it will make sure your family is taken care of when you die" will sell things to senior citizens but not work so well to teenagers.

For a product like a beverage that works equally well for multiple demographics, it's just common sense to come up with as many messages as you can in order to appeal to as many demographics as you can.

And then there was Dr Pepper Ten.
https://youtu.be/0c4iaetOC54
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

wanderer2575

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 12, 2021, 01:04:57 PM

That was my point.  And, yes, a lot of people do get offended when the wrong message is pitched to them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.