News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I-40 in North Carolina

Started by wdcrft63, February 25, 2023, 06:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARMOURERERIC

There will be a division let on 3/20  to rehab and widen the overcrossing at Exit 113.  The widening will be a few feet to either side to allow for a left turn lane on the bridge.

Henry

Those two interchanges are awesome! A DDI at US 21 and a 3/4 turbine at I-77, and C/D roads connect them both? I love it!
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

cowboy_wilhelm

The six through lanes on I-40 are a bit of overkill with the collector lanes. No one seems to be utilizing the third right lane since it ends up exiting or ending after a couple of miles, especially the tractor-trailers. I wish they'd gone ahead and widened a couple more miles west to Exit 148 and rebuilt the two sub-standard interchanges/bridges at 148 and 150.

ARMOURERERIC

I recall that at one point there was a 12 month item for redoing exit 148, I will go back and look.

sprjus4

Quote from: cowboy_wilhelm on March 16, 2024, 12:10:54 PM
The six through lanes on I-40 are a bit of overkill with the collector lanes. No one seems to be utilizing the third right lane since it ends up exiting or ending after a couple of miles, especially the tractor-trailers.
I wouldn't say it's overkill... building for the future. It allows traffic to have more merging space and to un-choke traffic a little bit through that interchange area.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.