News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Interchanges That Never Were

Started by Brandon, October 25, 2018, 11:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakeroot

Quote from: Anthony_JK on November 14, 2018, 05:53:04 AM
Quote from: jakeroot on November 14, 2018, 02:20:46 AM
I suppose you can't say "never" when it was only built a handful of years ago, but this Texas-T (is that still a techincal term?) for the I-5 HOV lanes in Lynnwood, WA was only half-built: https://goo.gl/K9rEBe

That's not even a "Texas-T", just a final HOV/bus connection to a local Park-and-Ride that passes over half of the freeway mainlanes. More like a "Seattle L".

It's supposed to be a "T" eventually. That's why I said it was "only half-built". Right now yes, it's an L but you can clearly see in my link the northern extension stub.

coldshoulder

Here's a partial one in Youngstown, Ohio:

https://goo.gl/maps/6wvNcuCD5Ys

A loop ramp off Williamson Avenue intended to carry US-62 traffic northeasterly on what's known as the Himrod Ave. Expressway.  The ramp area was engineered and graded, but never actually constructed.  US-62 runs north on Market Street, turns east on Williamson--and because this loop ramp wasn't built--then continues along Williamson; turns left (north) onto South Avenue, then enters the expressway via a short on-ramp eastward off South Ave.
You're just like crosstown traffic
All you do is slow me down
And I got better things on the other side of town

MantyMadTown

Quote from: dcharlie on November 06, 2018, 01:23:58 PM
That is correct.  Somewhere I have an old Milwaukee County map that shows the proposed route.  The end of the Stub was turned into a park and ride lot 20 or so years ago...

Did they close off the ramps or no? It looks like you can't access them anymore.
Forget the I-41 haters

mgk920

Quote from: MantyMadTown on November 18, 2018, 04:58:21 PM
Quote from: dcharlie on November 06, 2018, 01:23:58 PM
That is correct.  Somewhere I have an old Milwaukee County map that shows the proposed route.  The end of the Stub was turned into a park and ride lot 20 or so years ago...

Did they close off the ramps or no? It looks like you can't access them anymore.

That interchange was never opened to public travel, only to Milwaukee County transit buses.  It has been cut back since.

Mike

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.