Largest One Week Temperature Variations You’ve Experienced

Started by Max Rockatansky, May 07, 2020, 12:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: Flint1979 on February 29, 2024, 02:35:53 PM

Quote from: GaryV on February 29, 2024, 01:34:39 PM
"You know what they say about weather in __________: 'If you don't like it, just wait 5 minutes and it will change.'"

That's a common one here in Michigan.

You missed the point.  It's a common one everywhere.  Everyone thinks their state's weather is more variable than everyone else's.  Michigan isn't unique in that regard.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: kphoger on February 29, 2024, 03:03:02 PM

"You know what they say about weather in __________: 'If you don't like it, just wait 5 minutes and it will change.'"

You missed the point.  It's a common one everywhere.  Everyone thinks their state's weather is more variable than everyone else's.  Michigan isn't unique in that regard.

And I would argue that this thread is a way to resolve which state you can actually apply that sentiment to. I don't believe I've seen anyone beat my 85° swing in a week for Colorado.

So na-nah-na-nah-boo-boo. I win.

kphoger

Quote from: JayhawkCO on February 29, 2024, 03:41:38 PM
And I would argue that this thread is a way to resolve which state you can actually apply that sentiment to. I don't believe I've seen anyone beat my 85° swing in a week for Colorado.

I don't recall anyone beating it either.  But, if someone were to beat it, it would probably be someone from Montana or the Dakotas.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: kphoger on February 29, 2024, 04:51:51 PM

I don't recall anyone beating it either.  But, if someone were to beat it, it would probably be someone from Montana or the Dakotas.

I feel like they're quick to drop, but less quick to warm up, anecdotally of course.

paulthemapguy

Quote from: Rothman on February 29, 2024, 07:05:09 AM
The swings are getting worse.

Agreed.

Quote from: bm7 on February 29, 2024, 02:51:30 PM
(click for full size)

That is amazing. There ought to be another one of these for "my state is the only one to get potholes!11!1!!1"
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

Scott5114

It was originally said by Mark Twain about New England.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

thspfc

(click for full size)

How did a human being consciously decide to write the Washington one? Is he being serious? Can he comprehend the words on the screen?

epzik8

(click for full size)

I'm so guilty of parroting and encouraging this statement for Maryland, but we're at one of the central latitudes of the U.S. so we have an element of validity in ours.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

Rothman

Quote from: epzik8 on March 02, 2024, 11:11:19 AM
(click for full size)

I'm so guilty of parroting and encouraging this statement for Maryland, but we're at one of the central latitudes of the U.S. so we have an element of validity in ours.
No.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

andrepoiy

A few days ago parts of Southern Ontario went from +10 degrees Celsius to -10 degrees Celsius within 24 hours.

jeffandnicole

(click for full size)

Has absolutely nothing to do with it.

thspfc

(click for full size)

[Insert collage of someone from every state saying "haha yeah but my state is different"]

JayhawkCO

Quote from: thspfc on March 02, 2024, 10:58:01 AM
How did a human being consciously decide to write the Washington one? Is he being serious? Can he comprehend the words on the screen?

East of the Cascades, it could definitely apply (just like anywhere else). West of the Cascades, less so for sure.

kphoger

Quote from: kphoger on February 29, 2024, 04:51:51 PM

As suspected.  The Dakotas.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/which-city-has-the-most-unpredictable-weather/
Male pronouns, please.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.