Help! Transportation Humor Needed!

Started by bessertc, March 20, 2019, 10:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bessertc

Hey All,

A dear friend of mine will be moderating a meeting consisting of a lot of "big-wigs" from the Michigan DOT and the FHWA Michigan Division office and would like some transportation- or highway-related jokes or other humor as ice-breakers to use here and there throughout the day-long meeting. I was also asked to prepare a list of 10 fun/interesting trivia questions about Michigan's highways, but I've got that covered. I'm a bit stumped, though, on transportation- or highway-related jokes, preferably somehow related to Michigan, but general highway humor would be fine, too. I'm hoping you guys can help me with that part. Any contributions are welcome!!

Thanks in advance,
Chris

--
Christopher J Bessert
chris.bessert@gmail.com
www.michiganhighways.org
Drive right. Pass Left. Please!

Max Rockatansky

Heh...Pure Pot Holes comes to mind but that might hit too close to home. 

renegade

Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

Big John

Why is my body out of place?

I Michigan Left my heart in San Francisco :spin:

Beltway

Back when I worked for PennDOT in the 1970s, I heard a PennDOT anecdote from one of their maintenance engineers.  There was a statewide meeting of PennDOT maintenance engineers in Harrisburg, and there was a forum where different ones could speak and discuss their local problems.  One of the St. Davids District 6-0 (Philadelphia and the four surrounding counties) engineers was speaking, and a loud voice interrupted him, someone from western Pennsylvania, and said, "As far as I'm concerned, we ought to build a fence around District 6-0, and give the whole thing to New Jersey!"  This is a true story, and I think it showed the attitude toward Philadelphia that existed in other parts of the state. 

Has it changed since then?  Would New Jersey have taken the offer?
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

hbelkins

True story -- there's a group of musicians that consists of KYTC employees and some consultants/contractors that play at the annual ACEC-KY/FHWA/KYTC Partnering Conference. Their name is "Phil 'n' the Potholes." If you can work that into the presentation, feel free.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

skluth

An old man is driving on the highway.
His wife calls him on his cell phone and in a worried voice says, "George, be careful!
I just heard on the radio that there was a madman driving the wrong way on I-75!"
George says, "I know, honey. But there isn't just one. There are hundreds!"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.