News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Stupid news story about I-540 Fayetteville traffic & construction

Started by M86, September 25, 2013, 02:45:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M86

http://www.4029tv.com/news/arkansas/northwest/fayetteville-drivers-frustrated-with-construction/-/8897460/22105908/-/15hhpnuz/-/index.html

Ugh...
I'd like to know if AHTD closing a lane on I-540 between Wedington & Porter is during the day, or overnight.  The news story failed to specify what will happen.  I'll probably go investigate tomorrow.

And the guy they interviewed... "I don't know what's going on with half the construction".  Big part of the problem here.  The lack of knowledge about construction projects.  Too many municipalities, the lack of info.... Not to mention, AHTDs horrible website.  It's almost like AHTD hates Northwest Arkansas... but at least AHTD named the I-430/I-630 interchange the Big Rock Interchange... Because the Little Rock area is all that matters.

bugo

AHTD has a great website.  Historic bridges, a state map archive going back decades, meeting minutes back to 1953.  Much better than what some states have.

froggie

Parts of the AHTD website are pretty good, namely what bugo mentioned.  In my experience, though, it's pretty poor when it comes to current and future projects.

M86

Quote from: froggie on September 28, 2013, 01:17:38 AM
Parts of the AHTD website are pretty good, namely what bugo mentioned.  In my experience, though, it's pretty poor when it comes to current and future projects.
It's awful when it comes to new projects/public meetings/etc.  It's great that they have past stuff, but I can't find anything current... and I just give up.

US71

Quote from: M86 on September 28, 2013, 03:56:36 AM
Quote from: froggie on September 28, 2013, 01:17:38 AM
It's awful when it comes to new projects/public meetings/etc.  It's great that they have past stuff, but I can't find anything current... and I just give up.

They will post they are having a meeting about a particular project, then "forget" to post detailed info, maps, etc until after the meeting.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.