News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Not receiving notifications

Started by bandit957, February 18, 2024, 07:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

In the past few days, I have not been receiving notifications for threads I'm watching.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

vdeane

I've noticed that I haven't received email notification of PMs recently.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

bandit957

This feature is still broken, by the way.

rickmastfan67

Could be an issue with the host.  We'll look into it.

Amaury

It's not a huge deal, but at the same time, they're nice to have for a quick glance if you're busy at the time.

I haven't gotten any email notifications myself since this reply at 5:43 PM on February 13: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=18003.msg2906496#msg2906496
Quote from: Rean SchwarzerWe stand before a great darkness, but remember, darkness can't exist where light is. Let's be that light!

Wikipedia Profile: Amaury

bandit957

Quote from: Amaury on March 07, 2024, 05:14:07 PM
It's not a huge deal, but at the same time, they're nice to have for a quick glance if you're busy at the time.

I haven't gotten any email notifications myself since this reply at 5:43 PM on February 13: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=18003.msg2906496#msg2906496

That's the same time I stopped getting notifications.

bandit957

I use Outlook.com. It turns out Outlook.com is blocking all e-mails from AARoads. They don't appear in the junk folder. They're just gone. Microsoft is prefiltering them.

I am hounding the hell out of Microsoft over this, and they keep coming back with the same incoherent replies.

I refuse to be bullied by Microsoft.

SectorZ

Quote from: bandit957 on March 13, 2024, 11:57:44 AM
I use Outlook.com. It turns out Outlook.com is blocking all e-mails from AARoads. They don't appear in the junk folder. They're just gone. Microsoft is prefiltering them.

I am hounding the hell out of Microsoft over this, and they keep coming back with the same incoherent replies.

I refuse to be bullied by Microsoft.

For what it's worth, about a month ago the level of junk mail in my hotmail/outlook e-mail account went from 20+ per day to less than one per day, and has stayed that way since. It's not my primary e-mail so little legit mail goes into it but any I've expected there has been there, but the spam going from frequent to almost gone backs your concern. It feels like if Outlook thinks it's junk it just never shows up now.

bandit957

Quote from: SectorZ on March 19, 2024, 03:22:11 PMFor what it's worth, about a month ago the level of junk mail in my hotmail/outlook e-mail account went from 20+ per day to less than one per day, and has stayed that way since. It's not my primary e-mail so little legit mail goes into it but any I've expected there has been there, but the spam going from frequent to almost gone backs your concern. It feels like if Outlook thinks it's junk it just never shows up now.

I've mostly switched over to Gmail now. I still don't receive notifications here. I've begun receiving notifications from other sites again, but not here.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: bandit957 on March 19, 2024, 04:52:48 PM
Quote from: SectorZ on March 19, 2024, 03:22:11 PMFor what it's worth, about a month ago the level of junk mail in my hotmail/outlook e-mail account went from 20+ per day to less than one per day, and has stayed that way since. It's not my primary e-mail so little legit mail goes into it but any I've expected there has been there, but the spam going from frequent to almost gone backs your concern. It feels like if Outlook thinks it's junk it just never shows up now.

I've mostly switched over to Gmail now. I still don't receive notifications here. I've begun receiving notifications from other sites again, but not here.

It's an issue on our end as far as I can tell.  Not Gmail eating emails when they come from here.  Still looking into it.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.