News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Drifting on I-69 in Houston (video)

Started by MaxConcrete, January 29, 2020, 08:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxConcrete

The poster listed this as 610, but maybe he was under the influence because the distinctive arched bridges on I-69 make this location impossible to confuse

https://twitter.com/cowardchain/status/1221000701997916160

www.DFWFreeways.com
www.HoustonFreeways.com

ozarkman417

The comment section keeps saying 59 (as in US-59, which runs congruent to I-69). I only found one comment making reference to I-69.

I spent way too much time reviewing the footage to figure out which kind of car is being filmed but there's someone blocking the front end almost the entire time. It doesn't appear to have a real grille so I don't think I would be too far off by saying it was a Porsche.

edwaleni

Quote from: ozarkman417 on January 29, 2020, 09:00:26 PM
The comment section keeps saying 59 (as in US-59, which runs congruent to I-69). I only found one comment making reference to I-69.

I spent way too much time reviewing the footage to figure out which kind of car is being filmed but there's someone blocking the front end almost the entire time. It doesn't appear to have a real grille so I don't think I would be too far off by saying it was a Porsche.

The car doing the burnout is a Nissan 350/370Z.

Part of me says this looks like fun, the other part of me sees how much traffic is being held up for this moment and now it kinda irritates me.

sparker

Quote from: edwaleni on January 29, 2020, 09:16:26 PM
Quote from: ozarkman417 on January 29, 2020, 09:00:26 PM

The car doing the burnout is a Nissan 350/370Z.

Part of me says this looks like fun, the other part of me sees how much traffic is being held up for this moment and now it kinda irritates me.

This shit has happened periodically out here in NorCal for the last decade; East Bay freeways such as I-880, I-80 in Contra Costa County, and CA 4 in the Pittsburg/Antioch area have seen their share of burnouts and "sideshows".  But still most of it happens on surface streets; the intersection of two very wide streets near my office seems to host a "sideshow" every couple of weeks, principally on Saturday evenings -- but they do their thing for about 7-10 minutes at the most and then get the hell out of there (since those of us who are around and in the area often call the cops on them -- I've done it twice in the last year myself!).  Sometimes they lay so much rubber down it's like driving on a slip-and-slide for several days until it wears off.  At best annoying; at worst dangerous! :verymad:

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: edwaleni on January 29, 2020, 09:16:26 PM

Indeed, it's more safer to do on track or a parking lot of a dead mall.

Btw, some folks drift with some Dodge Challenger as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9sqWBtNG_M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnLJHCddZ9Y

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.