News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Nicknames

Started by Alex, January 19, 2009, 05:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Some of us road guys have acquired nicknames over the years. When I was younger I was dubbed the "Human Road Map". Later on a boss of mine started calling me "Roaddog" because of my interest in roads/maps. What's yours?

FLRoads

Quote from: aaroads on January 19, 2009, 05:49:15 PM
Some of us road guys have acquired nicknames over the years. When I was younger I was dubbed the "Human Road Map". Later on a boss of mine started calling me "Roaddog" because of my interest in roads/maps. What's yours?

I was often called Rand Effing McNally (Effing for short) in college...

Another nickname people call me is Bman.

Voyager

Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

deathtopumpkins

I've always been dubbed the family's navigation system. Jokingly, Con-Con (instead of Tom-Tom; my name's Connor :-P) Not particularly creative, but meh.
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

Voyager

Hey that's the same source as mine...haha.

algorerhythms

When I was in seventh grade, I became "Mr. Geography," by defeating the previous "Mr. Geography," who was at the time a high school senior, at a geography quiz contest.

Darkchylde

In my youth, I was always the Human Roadmap, nowadays I'm known more as the Human GPS because of my knack for unfailingly finding not only the proper, but shortest route to anyplace no matter where I am.

un1

Quote from: Darkangel on January 19, 2009, 07:37:47 PM
In my youth, I was always the Human Roadmap, nowadays I'm known more as the Human GPS because of my knack for unfailingly finding not only the proper, but shortest route to anyplace no matter where I am.

I'm going to bring you on my trip okay?  :nod:

:rolleyes:

I forget what I was called when I was younger, I remember my parents stating I could read aps at the age of three, and by the age of four I was even telling my parents how to get to the grocery store.
I forget but I think I was known as "Map Maniac" by my uncle.   :-D Although, I still stick by my love for maps.  :spin:

-un1
Moderator of the Canada and Off Topic boards.

Thunder Bay Expressway - Highway 61 and 11/17 Ontario - Thunder Bay, Ontario

deathtopumpkins

Hey, I won that title too in my district algoerhythms :-P Then went on to make it all the way to the state geography bee.
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

rawr apples

''better than mapquest''
Now shut up and drivee

Chris

Duke87

My father called me "the walking map" sometimes when I was younger, although "the navigator" was my more common road-related nickname. I used to absolutely insist on sitting in the front seat. I'd refuse to get in the car if I couldn't.

This was of course back before all cars came standard with air bags, making having a young kid sitting in the front seat be considered "dangerous". Ah, the good old days.  :rolleyes:
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Bryant5493

Quote from: aaroads on January 19, 2009, 05:49:15 PM

Oddly enough, a friend of mine has called me the same thing -- "Human Road Map" (lol).

Be well,

Bryant
Check out my YouTube page (http://youtube.com/Bryant5493). I have numerous road videos of Metro Atlanta and other areas in the Southeast.

I just signed up on photobucket -- here's my page (http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/Bryant5493).

Voyager

I think most of us had similar nicknames.  :colorful:

Bryant5493

Check out my YouTube page (http://youtube.com/Bryant5493). I have numerous road videos of Metro Atlanta and other areas in the Southeast.

I just signed up on photobucket -- here's my page (http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/Bryant5493).

SimMoonXP

SimMoonXP... Sim = Sim City, The Sims, few other Sim Games. Moon = My last name. XP = My laptop Windows Operating System.

njroadhorse

NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

tankerdave

Let's see,

In High School I was "Mapboy", then "Mr Mapboy" when I became a senior.

Now just Dave-Dave, or occasionaly Map Man and the Walking Thomas Guide.

TheHighwayMan3561

I've become the "walking road atlas" to one person, but I'm not really called any nickname for being a roadgeek.  :spin:
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

US71

Once upon a time, I was the "human roadmap".

These days, it's Evil Trim Merchant or BSMS (long story)  :spin:
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

John

The Human Calculator (I'm pretty good at math). Also Goose, which is a really long story.
They came, they went, they took my image...

djracer201

I used to be the Walking Road Map, now im the Walking GPS... I still get phone calls from people asking me how to get somewhere... wondering if I should charge for it...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.