News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

US 17/92, Sanford FL Realignment

Started by kevinb1994, May 18, 2021, 09:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinb1994

I don't know if it has actually happened or not, but Google Maps is now showing US 17/92 on what looks like a historic alignment instead of its recent alignment in and around Sanford.

Can someone please confirm or deny this? Thanks.

Strider

After checking the Google Maps, looks like you're correct, it was just moved back to where it was before. The photos on this website said it all. I still haven't found any information on it anywhere.

https://www.aaroads.com/guides/us-017-092-north-seminole-fl/

roadman65

I was on it a few weeks back.  The new alignment was very much signed as US 17 & 92.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Avalanchez71

Quote from: roadman65 on May 19, 2021, 02:41:06 AM
I was on it a few weeks back.  The new alignment was very much signed as US 17 & 92.

What is the new alignment?

roadman65

State Road 46 from French Avenue to CR 15 near the mall. Then up CR 15 to its old alignment at I-4 Exit 104.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

D-Dey65

Quote from: roadman65 on May 20, 2021, 11:47:05 PM
State Road 46 from French Avenue to CR 15 near the mall. Then up CR 15 to its old alignment at I-4 Exit 104.
I took pictures from that. I wish they turned out better.

oscar

The Travel Mapping updates list indicates the new alignment has been in place since at least September 2019. I later drove it when I was in the Orlando area, and it was signed in the field.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.