AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
 on: Today at 09:11:15 PM 
Started by Alex - Last post by sprjus4
(For PA 23)  PennDOT - District 8 News: Weekend Closure Rescheduled for Quarry Road at Route 23 in the Village of Leacock, Lancaster County

(For I-80, US 220, and PA 26)  PennDOT - District 2 News: PennDOT Issues Mid-May Update for Local Interchange Project

(For I-70 and US 30)  PennDOT - District 9 News: Traffic Pattern Changes for Concrete Pavement and Bridge Preservation Work on Interstate 70 and Route 30 in Bedford County

So now that means I-99 is going on I-80?
Also, Breezewood gets closed off for paving? That pavement is kinda rough!
Bryce

The planned future route of I-99 follows I-80 between Exits 161 and 173.
Wow! That means that I-99 will be the first interstate in central PA to be duplexed? And that makes it the second along the US 220 corridor, which is in NC (I-85 I-40)
Bryce
US-220 is concurrent with I-73 / I-74 in NC.

US-220 never has a concurrency with I-85.

on: Today at 09:09:10 PM 
Started by monty - Last post by The Ghostbuster
I agree that US 31 will eventually be completely freeway between Indianapolis and South Bend. If one has enough patience, it will likely happen within the next 20-30 years (that could be optimistic, though).

on: Today at 09:07:36 PM 
Started by Alps - Last post by famartin

Video from NJDOT about doing a sign replacement. This particular one is on 295. Kind of neat to see this in video action.

He said signs are only supposed to last 10 years!? That's it??  NJ can make their own extruded aluminum signs? CT can't.  They have to contract it out.

Yes, but NJDOT has plenty of signs more than 20 years old, so "supposed" versus "reality" are two very different things.
Signs are supposed to only last 10 years. You are supposed to test them to ascertain at what point they lose minimum standards of retroreflectivity, but supposedly the average is in the 10-12 year range. Signs out there more than 20 years typically do not meet minimums.

I don't disagree, but there are (or at least, were still very recently) plenty of signs from the 90s around NJDOT highways like 287.

on: Today at 09:06:31 PM 
Started by Tarkus - Last post by Alps
Induced demand happens but it never accounts for 100% of demand. But it's part new trips, splitting existing trips, or rerouting existing vehicles. And is a red herring if it comes up in every discussion so let's please focus on the bridge (:

on: Today at 09:06:26 PM 
Started by mgk920 - Last post by The Ghostbuster
The freeway conversion process for US 18/151 (Dodgeville to Verona) and US 151 (Columbus to Waupun) will likely be a gradual one. It will likely happen bit by bit over the course of 20-30 years. Same with the other freeway conversion proposals on the DOT website. Would I like these freeway conversions to happen sooner? Absolutely! However, I understand the reality that these conversions to freeway standards will require a good deal of time (and a lot of patience from us road geeks).

on: Today at 09:04:17 PM 
Started by Alex - Last post by Alps
^US 220 is currently concurrent with I-73, I-74, I-40, I-581, I-81, I-64, I-68, I-99, I-80, and I-180 (way more than just 2).  It is actually not concurrent with I-85.
he said interstates duplexed

on: Today at 09:03:37 PM 
Started by Alps - Last post by Alps

Video from NJDOT about doing a sign replacement. This particular one is on 295. Kind of neat to see this in video action.

He said signs are only supposed to last 10 years!? That's it??  NJ can make their own extruded aluminum signs? CT can't.  They have to contract it out.

Yes, but NJDOT has plenty of signs more than 20 years old, so "supposed" versus "reality" are two very different things.
Signs are supposed to only last 10 years. You are supposed to test them to ascertain at what point they lose minimum standards of retroreflectivity, but supposedly the average is in the 10-12 year range. Signs out there more than 20 years typically do not meet minimums.

on: Today at 09:00:45 PM 
Started by Tom89t - Last post by fwydriver405
https://goo.gl/maps/Hvdok6admkGeDKzBA

What kind of signal is that red x on the two section for?

If I had to ask, maybe a MUNI (bus) queue jump to go straight (or even left)?

on: Today at 08:58:23 PM 
Started by TheGrassGuy - Last post by TheGrassGuy
I forgot Nice but I updated the list. Will do the others.

on: Today at 08:57:47 PM 
Started by Max Rockatansky - Last post by Scott5114

Protected lefts are great when you get full advantage of them, and suck when you missed yellow by 3 seconds.

Or when the person in front of you slams on their brakes and stops on the yellow. Very few things on the road piss me off more than that.

That's required by law in some states.

Not only that, there's no way to know how long a yellow light is. I may not be confident I can make it through the intersection on yellow (or, if sight lines are blocked, that there's even space for me on the cross street after I finish my turn).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.