News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

How do you post pictures from flickr with that new flickr update?

Started by roadman65, March 27, 2014, 11:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

I tried posting a picture from my flickr page to here the usual way and with the new flickr upgrade it is not embedding in the posts anymore.

In the past you would pick your size, now flickr does not even let you choose what resolution you want anymore.  You click on the photo and it advances it to the next one instead of opening that little window like it used to.

Also you cannot even add the location of your photo to the map anymore as it does not give that option in the right hand panel like it used to say "Add location to your map" and you would click on it and get the map app for you to add it to and save where the location name would appear in italics where a user could click on it and see the location on the map.

This new flickr sucks like other users are saying about the new google maps.  Anyone figure out how to get around the unwelcome changes.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

usends

All the old options are still there.  Click on the "More Actions" icon (the one with three horizontal dots).  In that menu, you can choose "Add Location" and "Download/All Sizes".
usends.com - US highway endpoints, photos, maps, and history

roadman65

The thing is it downloads it to your computer, but you cannot embed a photo here on the forum unless its from the site!  Otherwise many of us would be sharing our personal photos that we have already.

Edit: Never mind I found it.  You hit view all sizes and it comes up.  Hey thanks.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.