Regional Boards > Great Lakes and Ohio Valley

Gordie Howe Bridge (US-Canada)

<< < (26/28) > >>

hwyfan:
I don't understand why the Gordie Howe Bridge - six lanes wide, is being constructed without a median barrier (whether adjustable or fixed) between the opposite directions of traffic.  I would think given the heavy traffic and winter road conditions, that would be a priority.

Flint1979:

--- Quote from: hwyfan on November 12, 2022, 07:39:50 PM ---I don't understand why the Gordie Howe Bridge - six lanes wide, is being constructed without a median barrier (whether adjustable or fixed) between the opposite directions of traffic.  I would think given the heavy traffic and winter road conditions, that would be a priority.

--- End quote ---
The Mackinac Bridge doesn't have one and I'd be a heck of a lot more worried about something happening on that bridge than the Gordie Howe Bridge.

SSOWorld:

--- Quote from: wanderer2575 on August 17, 2022, 02:04:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: triplemultiplex on August 17, 2022, 01:26:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: 1995hoo on August 17, 2022, 11:31:18 AM ---"Pay Fare Ahead"? Are they going to transport my car across the bridge for me, perhaps with me still sitting in it? If not, it's not a "fare." It's a "toll."

--- End quote ---

"Toll" is pronounced "fare" in Michigan.  Otherwise delicate sensibilities will be upset. :P

--- End quote ---

Maybe no longer.  "Toll" instead of "fare" is on the plans for new signs approaching the Mackinac Bridge and International Bridge in the Upper Peninsula.  (Previously posted in the "Interesting Signs" thread.)

--- End quote ---

SSOWorld:

--- Quote from: 1995hoo on August 17, 2022, 11:31:18 AM ---"Pay Fare Ahead"? Are they going to transport my car across the bridge for me, perhaps with me still sitting in it? If not, it's not a "fare." It's a "toll."

--- End quote ---

"Toll" is pronounced "fare" in Michigan.  Otherwise delicate sensibilities will be upset. :P

--- End quote ---

Maybe no longer.  "Toll" instead of "fare" is on the plans for new signs approaching the Mackinac Bridge and International Bridge in the Upper Peninsula.  (Previously posted in the "Interesting Signs" thread.)

--- End quote ---
What - no "STRAIGHT THRU"?

skluth:

--- Quote from: SSOWorld on November 13, 2022, 09:51:28 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
What - no "STRAIGHT THRU"?

--- End quote ---
No no. The signs to Canada should read "AHEAD"!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version