News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I-10 Express Lane Extension(LA County)

Started by Plutonic Panda, May 01, 2022, 07:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plutonic Panda

Separate from the proposed San Bernardino County project, this proposed an array of alternatives to either extend the existing express lanes which end at the 605 or add a second HOV lane each way. There are four alternatives, the usual no build, simply converting the recently completed HOV lane to a HOT lane, or add a new lane which would either be tolled or as said before a second HOV lane. Metro is now accepting public comments.

QuoteThe I-10 ExpressLanes Extension Project will analyze four proposed alternatives: 

Alternative 1: Existing conditions (no build) 
Alternative 2: converting the existing high-occupancy vehicle (HOV) lane to a High Occupancy Toll (HOT) lane
Alternative 3: adding an additional ExpressLane/HOT lane in each direction and converting the existing HOV lane to an ExpressLane
Alternative 4: maintain the existing HOV lane and add a second HOV lane in each direction 

Project website: https://www.metro.net/projects/i-10-extension/

Plutonic Panda

Personally I'd throw my support behind alternative 3.

SeriesE

Alternative 1.

I'm pretty sure the residents near the corridor are tired of the constant construction for the past 5+ years

Plutonic Panda

Quote from: SeriesE on May 02, 2022, 01:11:12 AM
Alternative 1.

I'm pretty sure the residents near the corridor are tired of the constant construction for the past 5+ years
Well this project probably won't even begin until least 2024 if not later.

Plutonic Panda

We should know more about this project and its selected alternative and schedule early to mid 2024. Interesting to note that in the story map they show a map of all the proposed express lanes in the LA basin. I knew about the section of the 405 in the Sepulveda pass, the I-605 expansion(if that comes to pass) express lanes, and the I-105 express lanes. I didn't know they were also considering express lanes on the 405 from I-10 to the Orange County line which would tie into their express lanes.

Hopefully that happens but I hope they add a new lane and don't simply convert the existing HOV lane into a toll lane.

https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/9fae06310de0428f932b2264a4b2ce56

Plutonic Panda

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on May 02, 2022, 01:22:03 AM
Quote from: SeriesE on May 02, 2022, 01:11:12 AM
Alternative 1.

Well this project probably won't even begin until least 2024 if not later.
Yeah, this project won't happen any time soon. The nearby residents will have years for a construction free break before any construction would take place which would likely be the last project for a VERY long time. It would also greatly enhance the flow of traffic here connecting to San Bernardino's proposed I-10 express lanes creating a very large and efficient alternative to free to use GP lanes which can get backed up for anyone who needs a quick jot to DTLA. I'm sure the residents here won't mind by the time machines roll around again later this decade.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.