News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Indiana business routes gone?

Started by treichard, February 20, 2009, 03:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US 41

Quote from: Avalanchez71 on June 09, 2022, 01:52:02 AM
Quote from: jnewkirk77 on August 31, 2020, 11:29:22 PM
Business 41 is still well-marked on 6th Street in Vincennes, but not at the ends. Coming from the north on 41, it's marked as "To Indiana 61 - 6th St" and from the south end of town, it's Indiana 441.

Is the one sign still in Terre Haute?  How about US 41 Business in Evansville one Fares Ave?  I don't think any are left in Princeton and the Kentland one is long gone.

Yes, kind of. It's just a US 41 sign now. Still there as I just drove by it a few days ago. It used to be a BR 41 sign, but it was replaced when they reconstructed the intersection at Park Ave around 10-12 years ago. It is just south of the Lafayette Ave (Old 41) / Park Ave intersection. If you go through the GSV photo dates, you can go back and see the Business sign attached to the top of the 41 sign.

https://goo.gl/maps/teQSK1HX7xmHv2SN6
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

Avalanchez71

Quote from: US 41 on June 09, 2022, 02:56:37 PM
Quote from: Avalanchez71 on June 09, 2022, 01:52:02 AM
Quote from: jnewkirk77 on August 31, 2020, 11:29:22 PM
Business 41 is still well-marked on 6th Street in Vincennes, but not at the ends. Coming from the north on 41, it's marked as "To Indiana 61 - 6th St" and from the south end of town, it's Indiana 441.

Is the one sign still in Terre Haute?  How about US 41 Business in Evansville one Fares Ave?  I don't think any are left in Princeton and the Kentland one is long gone.

Yes, kind of. It's just a US 41 sign now. Still there as I just drove by it a few days ago. It used to be a BR 41 sign, but it was replaced when they reconstructed the intersection at Park Ave around 10-12 years ago. It is just south of the Lafayette Ave (Old 41) / Park Ave intersection. If you go through the GSV photo dates, you can go back and see the Business sign attached to the top of the 41 sign.

https://goo.gl/maps/teQSK1HX7xmHv2SN6

The US 41 (unbannered) sign still stands on Lafayette Ave.  It almost look like a larger newer one to boot.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.