Football (North America: NFL, CFL, Arena Football, minor leagues)

Started by Stephane Dumas, July 29, 2012, 11:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thspfc

Hopefully Alabama and Georgia dominating the two best non-SEC teams in the nation en route to the national title game makes everyone admit once and for all that the SEC is just different. A one loss SEC team is oftentimes better than an undefeated team from another conference. A two loss SEC team is oftentimes better than a one loss team from another conference. A four loss SEC team is usually better than an undefeated or one loss Group of 5 team (Cincinnati this year and 2017 UCF being the recent exceptions).

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: thspfc on January 01, 2022, 08:00:20 AM
Hopefully Alabama and Georgia dominating the two best non-SEC teams in the nation en route to the national title game makes everyone admit once and for all that the SEC is just different. A one loss SEC team is oftentimes better than an undefeated team from another conference. A two loss SEC team is oftentimes better than a one loss team from another conference. A four loss SEC team is usually better than an undefeated or one loss Group of 5 team (Cincinnati this year and 2017 UCF being the recent exceptions).

Cincinnati actually put up a fight and probably played Alabama as close as anybody else could have. Michigan just didn't even show up, but that's expected given their coach.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

thspfc

Quote from: cabiness42 on January 01, 2022, 02:57:58 PM

Cincinnati actually put up a fight and probably played Alabama as close as anybody else could have. Michigan just didn't even show up, but that's expected given their coach.
lol what? Bama lost to Texas A&M, barely beat LSU, and barely beat Auburn. Three teams that are average by SEC standards played Bama way closer than Cincinnati. Not saying that those teams are better than Cincy. But the gap isn't as large as one would think.

Alps

Because two data points prove exactly whatever you want them to. You just love posting ludicrously biased posts that suit whatever point you want to make and remain silent if it doesn't support your worldview.

cl94

Nah, it just proves that the SEC is less balanced than other conferences. The SEC as a whole is 5-6 in bowl games. The American's only loss is to Alabama, Mountain West is 5-1, Big 12 is 4-2, Big 10 is 6-4 with one of those losses being by a replacement team. Yes, the best teams in the SEC are very good. The rest of the conference is not. The current format rewards teams that can dominate their conference, so it puts balanced conferences at a disadvantage.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

thspfc

Quote from: Alps on January 03, 2022, 02:55:01 PM
Because two data points prove exactly whatever you want them to. You just love posting ludicrously biased posts that suit whatever point you want to make and remain silent if it doesn't support your worldview.
What are two more examples of these "ludicrously biased posts" ?

1995hoo

An e-mail just came announcing that Washington will announce the new team name and logo on February 2.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Big John

triplemultiplex

Keanu has known for a long time what the new name will be.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Alps

Quote from: 1995hoo on January 04, 2022, 08:46:22 AM
An e-mail just came announcing that Washington will announce the new team name and logo on February 2.
Watch it be FootballTeam.

US 89

Quote from: Alps on January 04, 2022, 11:03:43 AM

Nah, that'll look dumb. It will definitely be Washington Footballplayers.

kurumi

Quote from: US 89 on January 04, 2022, 11:09:42 AM
Quote from: Alps on January 04, 2022, 11:03:43 AM

Nah, that'll look dumb. It will definitely be Washington Footballplayers.

Washington United or Washington FC
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

JayhawkCO

Earlier today, washingtonadmirals.com redirected to the current washingtonfootball.com website.  Now it redirects to a UVa athletics page.  Weird.

Alps

Quote from: JayhawkCO on January 04, 2022, 12:17:26 PM
Earlier today, washingtonadmirals.com redirected to the current washingtonfootball.com website.  Now it redirects to a UVa athletics page.  Weird.
Now it redirects to Giving Kitchen. Don't think about it.

Billy F 1988

Well, I'd hate to break it to Montana State fans, but, so much for all of the Tommy Mallot hype. He got hurt in the FCS championship game against the now 9-time FCS champs North Dakota State Bison. Score: 38-10. At least the in-state rival Montana Grizzlies were spared this headache having beaten the Bobcats in the renewed 121st Brawl of the Wild game despite getting bumped out of the playoffs. A co-worker of mine at the local grocery store I work for in Missoula asked for a shift cover for Saturday the 8th because he wanted to see the Bobcats. Well, wah, wah, waaaaaaah! So much for that, eh? LMAO! By the time I see him, oooooh. We're gonna rag tag this dude! See, that's what happens when you become a Cats fan in good ole Montana. Sad the Griz didn't go to Frisco, but they have the Great Divide Trophy! :D
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Roadgeekteen

Congrats to the Georgia Bulldogs on winning the 2022 National Championship! So glad that Bama lost.

UMass up next?  :bigass:
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Henry

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on January 11, 2022, 02:44:00 AM
Congrats to the Georgia Bulldogs on winning the 2022 National Championship! So glad that Bama lost.

After 40+ years of waiting, UGA definitely deserves it. Fate has been very kind to the Peach State lately, because this championship comes about two months after the Braves won the World Series.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

US 89

Quote from: Henry on January 11, 2022, 07:15:34 PM

After 40+ years of waiting, UGA definitely deserves it. Fate has been very kind to the Peach State lately, because this championship comes about two months after the Braves won the World Series.

Well, some of the Peach State. Georgia Tech just finished their third 3-9 football season in a row...

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: US 89 on January 11, 2022, 10:32:07 PM

Well, some of the Peach State. Georgia Tech just finished their third 3-9 football season in a row...
Tech has almost no fans anyway lol

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

KCRoadFan

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on January 12, 2022, 03:25:10 AM

I wonder: when UGA played at Tech this season, how much of the crowd was wearing red? I'm guessing at least half.

snowc

Lets go groundhogs!!!  :D

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: KCRoadFan on January 12, 2022, 10:50:07 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on January 12, 2022, 03:25:10 AM

I wonder: when UGA played at Tech this season, how much of the crowd was wearing red? I'm guessing at least half.
Probably more than half

cl94

So how about them Bills? Time to go smash some tables after that amazing game tonight.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Roadgeekteen

sturmde

Quote from: snowc on January 14, 2022, 12:54:35 PM
Lets go groundhogs!!!  :D
Exactly... why announce on February 2 if a "hog" isn't somehow involved.  Washington Warhogs it is.   The wingtipped W letter logo they've been using still works.  It alliterates.  It isn't War*t*hog which others have already trademarked, and/or used (not that anybody remembers MiLB Winston-Salem Warthogs...)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.