News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

2012 Arkansas State Highway Map

Started by bugo, June 12, 2012, 08:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

http://www.arkansashighways.com/planning_research/mapping_graphics/State_Highway_Map_State_Side_2012.PDF

There are a lot of roads that are proposed or under construction being shown, like a Paragould US 412 bypass, a US 278 Monticello bypass (I think part of this is I-69,) the Bella Vista I-49 bypass, I-49 near Barling and north of Texarkana, I-530 (note it splits 3 ways near Cornerville, one fork connects to AR 11 and the other to US 425) and several others.  There is no mention of the new US 412 between Hindsville and Huntsville.  From what I can tell, the red dotted lines mean U/C and the black ones mean proposed.  The US 64 Vilonia bypass is also shown as complete.  This edition is quite a bit different from last year's version. 

It's funny that the 2012 Arkansas map came out after the 2013 Rand McNally atlas.

bjrush

No Prairie Grove US 62 bypass, the Sheridan US 167 bypass is marked under construction. Wonder when they will start marking the US 412 Springdale bypass on maps...
Woo Pig Sooie

bugo

I doubt the Springdale bypass shows up on the map for a while.  Is the Sheridan bypass open?  If so, is it 2 or 4 lanes and is it divided?  Is there an interchange at US 270?

I am impressed by the changes between the 2011 and 2012 maps.  They added a lot of proposed highways.  This is probably the biggest change in Arkansas maps since US 63 and 278 and 371 were extended/commissioned.

Your avatar reminds me of my I-49 sign.  I had it custom made in 1999.  It is most likely the first Arkansas I-49 shield ever made and is probably still the only one in existence.

And yes, that is a rusty US 59 cutout underneath the I-49 shield.

EDIT:  Oh yeah, go Hogs.  The baseball team is headed to the World Series, the basketball team is going to improve under Coach Anderson, and the football team is loaded.  Have you seen the new football uniforms?  I don't like them.  Especially the black one.  The Razorbacks should never wear black uniforms.  They should go back to their classic '80s-'90s style uniform with the stripes on the pants and plain red jerseys.

bjrush

Wow, that's pretty cool, that I-49 shield looks like a work of art on that wall. Last time I was in Sheridan the bypass wasn't open but it was almost a year ago. Looked to be 4-lanes divided, but when I was in town hardly any paving was done yet.

I agree about the jerseys, UA is a red and white school only. Would love to see the Hogs do well in Omaha, especially since I have tickets for the first game of the championship series :biggrin:
Woo Pig Sooie

bugo

I'm eventually going to have an Arkansas I-130 shield made (since it may never be signed) and an Oklahoma I-444 shield (which is also unsigned.) 

Congrats on going to Omaha.  I wish I could be there.

M86

Quote from: bugo on June 12, 2012, 08:17:06 PM
http://www.arkansashighways.com/planning_research/mapping_graphics/State_Highway_Map_State_Side_2012.PDF

There are a lot of roads that are proposed or under construction being shown, like a Paragould US 412 bypass, a US 278 Monticello bypass (I think part of this is I-69,) the Bella Vista I-49 bypass, I-49 near Barling and north of Texarkana, I-530 (note it splits 3 ways near Cornerville, one fork connects to AR 11 and the other to US 425) and several others.  There is no mention of the new US 412 between Hindsville and Huntsville.  From what I can tell, the red dotted lines mean U/C and the black ones mean proposed.  The US 64 Vilonia bypass is also shown as complete.  This edition is quite a bit different from last year's version. 

It's funny that the 2012 Arkansas map came out after the 2013 Rand McNally atlas.

The State Arkansas Map from AHTD is just awful.  What a mess.  My eyes are still hurting.  Way, way too much... I try to imagine a Bella Vista Bypass... It's my happy place.... If I need more, I just travel north to Missouri.... They really seem to satisfy normality.

US71

Quote from: bugo on June 13, 2012, 06:04:25 PM
I doubt the Springdale bypass shows up on the map for a while.  Is the Sheridan bypass open?  If so, is it 2 or 4 lanes and is it divided?  Is there an interchange at US 270?

They're still playing in the dirt at Sheridan. The connection to US 167 hasn't even been started (as of May). I think 270 will be an interchange, but I haven't looked in a while. It appears to be 4 Lanes, divided from what I could see, but there isn't a lot to see. If I get a chance, I may sneak back down there in a few weeks.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

hawk07

Since I have not seen any mention of the US167 Sheridan Bypass, I thought I would add to the forum that it was opened on April 3rd.   There had been quite a bit of consternation by the local cities and county government on the crossing of Arkansas 46 and the new 167 bypass.   AHD did not put a traffic light at this crossing but instead altered the crossing so vehicle can not go straight across but can have a place to wait between the divided lanes.   The issue is many tractor-trailer hauling timber or wood chips bound for mills cross this highway. The locals believe this will be a hazard that may lead to some extreme accidents.  As always AHD goes cheap and time will tell if this intersection will prove hazardous.

US71

Quote from: hawk07 on May 25, 2014, 09:07:34 AM
Since I have not seen any mention of the US167 Sheridan Bypass, I thought I would add to the forum that it was opened on April 3rd.   There had been quite a bit of consternation by the local cities and county government on the crossing of Arkansas 46 and the new 167 bypass.   AHD did not put a traffic light at this crossing but instead altered the crossing so vehicle can not go straight across but can have a place to wait between the divided lanes.   The issue is many tractor-trailer hauling timber or wood chips bound for mills cross this highway. The locals believe this will be a hazard that may lead to some extreme accidents.  As always AHD goes cheap and time will tell if this intersection will prove hazardous.
A signal would have been cheaper, IMO.  It does sound like a potential problem. 10 years from now, it will be grade-separated. 
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.