2011-12 Google Street View images of Indiana posted

Started by MDOTFanFB, March 06, 2013, 03:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDOTFanFB

Indiana has become the fourth U.S. state bordering the Great Lakes to get 2011-12 Google Street View images today, after New York, Illinois and Michigan (currently only in some parts of Detroit) and the third (four if D.C. is counted) state in 2013 to get Street View images from that time frame, after Virginia and Maryland. Here's an example of the new images on I-69 north of I-64: http://goo.gl/maps/RJ3xb

The extent of the images also extends a bit into Michigan on I-94 as well as a few roads in Ohio along the Indiana/Ohio line, including the first 2011-12 HD images of the I-275 beltway around Cincinnati, a few streets in Harrison, OH (near I-74/faux I-465) and the first HD images of the Louisville area.

What do you think of the new images and what state do you hope will get 2011-12 images next? My vote is for the rest of Michigan.

tdindy88

I just saw that they had all of I-69 in Southern Indiana shown, very cool to see that.

amh424

I sure hope Wisconsin will be redone soon.  The existing imagery in the southern part of the state is very spotty and blurry.  Exceptions are around Milwaukee and on EB I-94 from Milwaukee to the IL border.

I don't understand why Botswana has crystal-clear imagery, but much of the U.S. doesn't.

NE2

Quote from: amh424 on March 06, 2013, 06:39:56 PM
I don't understand why Botswana has crystal-clear imagery, but much of the U.S. doesn't.
Obviously unions.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

MDOTFanFB

I sure hope Wisconsin will be redone soon.  The existing imagery in the southern part of the state is very spotty and blurry.  Exceptions are around Milwaukee and on EB I-94 from Milwaukee to the IL border.

There's some pockets of the 2011-12 images that extend into Wisconsin along the Illinois state line.

tdindy88

Indiana's had this kind of images for a while around Indianapolis, this is just the first time I've seen it on more rural highways in the state. I remember seeing a Google Streetview vehicle heading down the street where I live last year and passing me as I turned into the street where I live. I went to check the images today to see if that picture had been up there and there was already another 2011-12 image along that street from another time.

english si

Quote from: NE2 on March 06, 2013, 06:54:36 PM
Obviously unions.
Its certainly not the fact that the US, being first, got the beta version and has had to wait for better product while they go round with the cars a second time...

I gather that the goats in Botswana had some immigrants go to Alanland, who send back (along with and without money) books explaining that if they unionise and demand total employment, they will get it. As such, the people stopped a streetview car doing South Africa from u-turning at the border, stole the camera equipment, raised money by holding the driver hostage and selling the car, made some more camera units and put the goats to work!

Or perhaps the google car people in South Africa didn't cover enough of their 'Safari' remit, so also did the easiest neighbour to do (small, friendly, got animals, not under the mismanagement of a racist thug...)

colinstu

SE WI is kinda 50/50 when it comes to streetview. Most of the very traveled stuff has new pics, but some of that and just about everything else is older.

Hope it gets mostly updated!

ALSO: New aerial imagery please! As a mapmaker contributor, would help me a lot.

NWI_Irish96

Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

kphoger

Because, obviously, a country's relative per capita GDP should be in direct correlation to the quality of photo imagery from the Google car.  That's, like, Economics 101.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Mdcastle

Have they gotten any better about not blurring out road signs? Do they even see this as a problem?

mgk920

I caught a Streetview camera car here in Appleton, WI last summer, so they're coming.  As of this typing, their current imagery here is from October of 2007.

Mike

adt1982

Quote from: cabiness42 on March 07, 2013, 07:46:25 AM
My street still has the 2008 image.

My street still has no streetview.  In my town the only streetview is for IL 16, old 66, and I-55.

DaBigE

Quote from: mgk920 on March 07, 2013, 09:29:42 PM

I caught a Streetview camera car here in Appleton, WI last summer, so they're coming.  As of this typing, their current imagery here is from October of 2007.

Mike

There was one parked every night at my apartment complex last summer the Madison area.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.