News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

TV shows set in cities that get city features horribly wrong

Started by roadman, October 04, 2013, 09:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkt

Quote from: roadman65 on December 13, 2023, 07:29:24 AM
I always laugh at some TV shows that feature LA scenes and peddle them off as somewhere in the Midwest or on the East Coast hence the Hollywood Hills seen on I Dream of Jeannie in Cocoa Beach, Florida.

Another one, though not purposely done, was calling Cape Canaveral as Cape Kennedy. Many of you will say that it's a wrong reference to be using, but at the time of production of that sitcom, Cape Canaveral, Florida was indeed called Cape Kennedy before the name was transferred to the actual Space Center and the Cape reverted back to its original name in circa 1972.

So the show was not wrong at all to call it Cape Kennedy, as that was its official name at the time I Dream of Jeannie was being made.

thenetwork

Quote from: kkt on January 18, 2024, 11:04:58 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on December 13, 2023, 07:29:24 AM
I always laugh at some TV shows that feature LA scenes and peddle them off as somewhere in the Midwest or on the East Coast hence the Hollywood Hills seen on I Dream of Jeannie in Cocoa Beach, Florida.

Another one, though not purposely done, was calling Cape Canaveral as Cape Kennedy. Many of you will say that it's a wrong reference to be using, but at the time of production of that sitcom, Cape Canaveral, Florida was indeed called Cape Kennedy before the name was transferred to the actual Space Center and the Cape reverted back to its original name in circa 1972.

So the show was not wrong at all to call it Cape Kennedy, as that was its official name at the time I Dream of Jeannie was being made.

And, if you really think about it, since there have been other shows that have used ficticious names for schools, cities and other locales, even if people were not around during the Cape Kennedy era, it's just another fictitious show set at a fictitious air base in the minds of the uninformed.  No harm, no foul.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.