News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

August-September itinerary idea: 2 nights in Newport, RI. Suggestions?

Started by TheGrassGuy, May 13, 2021, 02:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGrassGuy

Day 1: Drive to Newport early in the morning, find a rest area to have a homemade sandwich for lunch (a frequent habit of mine) in CT, stop at Gilbert Stuart Birthplace & Museum along the way. Check in to hotel, drive around Ocean Dr in the evening, visit Fort Adams. Dinner at Flo's Clam Shack.

Day 2: Tour The Breakers and The Marble House via the Cliff Walk, eat lunch at Bowen's Wharf (not sure if worth it), hike at Sachuest Point in the afternoon, visit Second Beach (sunset?). Dinner at Anthony's.

Day 3: Drive to Fall River, spend the morning at Battleship Cove. Lunch at Sagres Restaurant. Drive home.

Is my plan good? Any route suggestions? Rode down I-95 in CT one trip when I was little, and it was boring. Have taken I-84 for New England trips ever since.
If you ever feel useless, remember that CR 504 exists.

froggie

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.