News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Denton TX Major City Street Construction Projects Underway

Started by Brian556, July 28, 2018, 10:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

Mayhill Rd:
Construction is in progress to widen Mayhill Rd from a two-lane rural to a 6-lane urban road. It is interesting that the construction ends at the trailer park on the south end. Plans that I have seen showed it to be re-aligned to head straight north off the T-junction at Colorado Blvd, and to tie in to the existing alignment at the trailer park. It is also worth noting that in the past plans were to have Loop 288 re-aligned to this T-junction, and continue south on Mayhill to I-35E, and to re-designate the old alignment as SPUR [XXX]

Bonnie Brae St:
Plans are to widen it to a 6-lane urban divided street. The only construction underway is the bridge over Hickory Creek.
It is interesting that this is going forward given that Bonnie Brae St really isn't congested. The southern portion (south of I-35E) will be of some use, as it will provide an alternative to US 377 for traffic coming from Argyle, and wishing to access the western portion of the city.

Commentary: Denton needs to build some east-west thoroughfares south of I-35E

txstateends

I figured earlier on that there would be some movement on Denton's part to add more to Loop 288 around the south side of town, but if that was ever a topic, the water went under that bridge quite a while ago.
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.