News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

2014 Pittsburgh meet?

Started by Alps, March 22, 2014, 11:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

Quote from: hbelkins on March 22, 2014, 10:18:09 AM
Quote from: Laura on March 22, 2014, 03:23:58 AM
If Laura LeBlanc and I end up at a meet together, it would be the first time two people with the same name in different languages were together at a meet. (LeBlanc and Bianca both mean white in French and Italian, respectively.)

She'll have to come to keep Brian from eating all the cole slaw.

(We all give Brian a hard time about how much he dislikes slaw, but I'm right there with him in that department.)
This year's Pittsburgh meet will be hosted at Primanti Bros., I've heard.

getemngo

Quote from: Alps on March 22, 2014, 11:41:45 PM

Dammit... now I have to go.
~ Sam from Michigan

Alps

Quote from: getemngo on March 23, 2014, 05:19:06 PM
Quote from: Alps on March 22, 2014, 11:41:45 PM

Dammit... now I have to go.
Then now we have to have one.

Duke87

Oh hell, if someone hosts a Pittsburgh meet, I'll go! There's cool stuff in that city I still haven't checked out.

If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Brandon

Quote from: Duke87 on March 24, 2014, 09:33:48 PM
Oh hell, if someone hosts a Pittsburgh meet, I'll go! There's cool stuff in that city I still haven't checked out.

I'll have to as well.  Never been in Pittsburgh, so it'll all be new to me.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Alps

I've already tried to impress two people into service - PAHighways and rickmastfan67. I'll keep impressing.

NE2

You could probably have a good meet just following one or more of the colored belts.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

PAHighways

Quote from: Alps on March 25, 2014, 06:32:17 PMI've already tried to impress two people into service - PAHighways and rickmastfan67. I'll keep impressing.

As I mentioned when you asked me, it is something I have been planning which would involve the work to upgrade 28.

jpi

Well, I will be in Pittsburgh\ Monroeville April 11, 12 and 13 for Steel City con, only drawback for me is I can't make any of the activities except in the evening if said road meet were to happen on this weekend, otherwise it all depends on work\ toy show schedule for me. :-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

A.J. Bertin

Whoa... now we're talking about a Pittsburgh meet? Yikes. I'd like to go. When are we thinking?

There are too many road meets I want to attend!!!
-A.J. from Michigan

Brandon

I'd suggest it be held, if it is held, sometime in late July or August, after the NYC meet.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

jpi

I agree with Brandon, there is another Steel City Con convention usually the last weekend in July or first weekend in August.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

CanesFan27

Folks let's calm down here for a second. There isn't talk about a Pittsburgh meet.  Jeff is extremely busy during the spring-fall weekends and if it happens he will post about it.  There has been At least 9 or more meets in Pittsburgh over the past 15 years.

So can we put the road boners away.

Brandon

Quote from: CanesFan27 on March 27, 2014, 04:07:30 PM
So can we put the road boners away.

Usually we stick signs to them.  :-P

NE2

Only Jeff Kitsko can host a pigburg meet.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

hbelkins

I want it know that I have never boned a road.  :-D

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

SSOWorld

Quote from: hbelkins on March 27, 2014, 08:55:12 PM
That would hurt you know...
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Brandon

Quote from: SSOWorld on March 27, 2014, 09:04:06 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on March 27, 2014, 08:55:12 PM
That would hurt you know...

I'd figure you'd have to find a pothole just the right size and shape...oops.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Alps on March 25, 2014, 06:32:17 PM
I've already tried to impress two people into service - PAHighways and rickmastfan67. I'll keep impressing.

Yeah, I got that PM. lol.

As of right now, I don't know if I could even find the time to plan something because of what recently happened (you know what I'm talking about Steve).  Attending might not be a problem, just planning it.

Plus, I can't think of anything major besides PA-28 that is happening around here, but they should be starting some work on the next segment of the Southern Beltway (PA Turnpike 576) this spring.  Then again, we could always check out the new Allegheny River bridge for the Turnpike and at the same time, check out the new Hulton Bridge being built.

Alps

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on March 27, 2014, 09:55:35 PM
Quote from: Alps on March 25, 2014, 06:32:17 PM

Yeah, I got that PM. lol.

As of right now, I don't know if I could even find the time to plan something because of what recently happened (you know what I'm talking about Steve).  Attending might not be a problem, just planning it.

Plus, I can't think of anything major besides PA-28 that is happening around here, but they should be starting some work on the next segment of the Southern Beltway (PA Turnpike 576) this spring.  Then again, we could always check out the new Allegheny River bridge for the Turnpike and at the same time, check out the new Hulton Bridge being built.
If you and Jeff are busy, I can plan it, but I need someone to be my eyes in the area for scouting purposes. I definitely want you guys to be at the meet. I haven't had a chance to see PA 28 construction at all actually, and the construction of 576 sounds like a perfect excuse. I'm happy to take this on. But since Jeff has expressed interest, he gets first crack at it. What I don't want to have happen is Texarkana, where it gets planned, then postponed, then cancelled.

ericnear

I could probably swing Pittsburgh if it was in July. My weekends are pretty booked for the next few months. I'll keep an eye here for further updates. It would be a nice meet for me. I have not been to Pittsburgh since 2005.
Proud of my hometown (Ironton, OH) but wouldn't ever leave my adopted home.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.