What would you like to see added to the forum?

Started by Zeffy, September 11, 2014, 04:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickmastfan67

Quote from: 1 on September 13, 2014, 12:05:40 PM
From reading 2009 and 2010 posts, images hosted here used to be allowed, but it got removed.

That's because it kept being abused with giant images that kept overloading the file space that was set aside on the server for attachments.

US 41

Now that we have an active user from Mexico, it would be nice to have a Mexico tab instead of posting Mexico road information in international highways.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

hotdogPi

Quote from: US 41 on October 21, 2014, 08:09:07 PM
Now that we have an active user from Mexico, it would be nice to have a Mexico tab instead of posting Mexico road information in international highways.

We do? I haven't noticed one.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

US 41

Yes jbte. He's been giving me advice on where to go in Mexico. He's been a huge help. I think he lives in the estado of Zacatecas. He also posted pictures of his road trip to Copper canyon.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

Zeffy

There needs to be a demand for a sub-forum to be made. It seems that Mexican roads are at a very low point of interest for most of the users here, which is why there isn't one.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

adventurernumber1

I might wait until more people who reside in Mexico join the forum, if they do, before a Mexico regional sub-forum is created.
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

hbelkins

Quote from: DaBigE on October 21, 2014, 04:28:03 PM

Just playing devil's advocate, (not saying that we have a rampant problem of this presently) but some might view just posting a smiley as a way to inflate a user's post count.

Are there people who actually care about their post count? I couldn't care less. I don't even know what mine is.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Brandon

Maybe split the International Highways area into sections: "Latin America & The Caribbean" (Mexico, Central America, South America, Caribbean Islands), "Europe, Asia, & Africa", and "Australia & Oceania" as we do have more posts about Mexico, Europe, and Australia than the others.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Alps

Quote from: hbelkins on October 21, 2014, 08:58:04 PM
Quote from: DaBigE on October 21, 2014, 04:28:03 PM

Just playing devil's advocate, (not saying that we have a rampant problem of this presently) but some might view just posting a smiley as a way to inflate a user's post count.

Are there people who actually care about their post count? I couldn't care less. I don't even know what mine is.
And all of that posting about post counts has disappeared. Let's keep it that way.

Dougtone

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on October 21, 2014, 07:36:39 PM
Quote from: 1 on September 13, 2014, 12:05:40 PM
From reading 2009 and 2010 posts, images hosted here used to be allowed, but it got removed.

That's because it kept being abused with giant images that kept overloading the file space that was set aside on the server for attachments.

Also, with Flickr now offering a terabyte of free space to host images, one would argue that hosting giant images would be obsolete (although Flickr allowed a maximum of 200 images for free accounts for the longest time).

on_wisconsin

The Road Illustrations sub-forum needs a like button (as long as there is no karma or points). It would be a great way to show appreciation for someone's work when you don't necessarily have anything else to say.
"Speed does not kill, suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.