News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

US/State mixup shield error signs

Started by hotdogPi, August 17, 2016, 07:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Takumi

Secondary route (638) in a primary shield. Bonus Merkur XR4Ti in the background there (the blue car)
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGIjA5zhJJA/?igshid=m8ffjje992f1
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Rothman

A decent number of references to NY 303 as US 303 in Tappan, NY.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/nQN1N8sAysWcR3526
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

formulanone

East of Birmingham, there's a few Alabama 78 signs:

yakra

"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

formulanone

CNGL-Leudimin

I've just seen on a Big Rig Travels stream where I-205 merges into I-5 near Tracy, California a couple of US 120 shields (instead of the correct CA 120 ones) painted on the surface. They seem to be pretty new, because I cannot find them in Street View, and imagery in that area is pretty recent (from right before the world broke apart because of the coronavirus!).

Edit: Nevermind, found them. But they are indeed new, because they only appear in the most recent imagery.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Bruce

Under US 2 on the Hewitt Avenue Trestle approaching Everett, WA:

Ben114

There's a lot of these across Massachusetts.

Here's one in Grafton.

ozarkman417

US 27 gets "downgraded" to TN (secondary) 27, at the north end of TN secondary 329:

SM-G965U

US71

From 2002

US 270 error, US 65B error  at Pine Bluff, AR
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

PurdueBill

One that's not a photo or street view; not actual signs but still interesting I think.  From the MUTCD revision documents that came out today...US 4 appeared by mistake.

Scott5114

...Anyone going to include that one in their public comment? :P You'd think it'd be easy enough to not make that error when dealing with a fictional example highway, but...
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

PurdueBill

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 15, 2020, 12:40:43 AM
...Anyone going to include that one in their public comment? :P You'd think it'd be easy enough to not make that error when dealing with a fictional example highway, but...

It seems like such a wacky error that I wondered if it was an "Easter Egg" for people like us to catch that they are planning all along to not have in the final version.  Although it could just be a mistake.  I want to save my comments for Clearview, HAWK, things like that...but if no one mentions it at all, it would be a hoot if the goof made it through.

formulanone

US 417 for SR 417 in Lewisburg, Tennessee:

Rick1962

Here's a happy error. Just west of Depew, OK.

SM-G892A

US71

US71

Quote from: Rick1962 on December 17, 2020, 07:37:44 PM

Hard to tell sometimes if those are accidental or intentional errors. :)

hbelkins

Quote from: Rick1962 on December 17, 2020, 07:37:44 PM

SM-G892A

There's a pic floating around Facebook of a US 66 error in, of all places, North Carolina.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

formulanone

Missouri 371 off 273 gets an upgrade to US 371:

FrCorySticha

Just saw this error the other day when driving through Missoula:

Apparently it's been posted for about 8 years. Maybe Montana really does want to turn MSR 200 into US 200.

formulanone

US 147 makes an appearance in Northumberland, Pennsylvania:

paulthemapguy

Quote from: formulanone on April 27, 2021, 05:06:17 AM
US 147 makes an appearance in Northumberland, Pennsylvania:

(photo)

Someone clearly believes that a US highway like US209 should only end at another US highway! :D
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

Great Lakes Roads

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.