Accepting constructive criticism on my map (semi-endorsed by state senator!)

Started by Daniel Fiddler, January 16, 2022, 08:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Fiddler

I figured this deserved its own thread in this section since it has both actual future interstates planned by USDOT and state DOTs as well as my own improvements.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?hl=en&mid=1C03FXvrg7DVARLSyPtMKticcL3b2p8-J&ll=38.43196555494456%2C-95.91089118836896&z=4

My website (https://dfroads.webador.com/) and map was actually recently semi-endorsed by a state senator, I wrote him and two other state senators, and rather than giving me a "thanks but no thanks"  message, he took the time to give me his thoughts on my website and my transportation improvements as well as ways to expediate funding (mostly praise, what little criticism he gave was constructive) and informed me he may share my ideas in Nashville.  The other state senators (including actually mine) did not care to write me back though.  I chose these two state senators because Metropolitan Jackson is actually divided between three state senators, one for Madison, one for Gibson, and one for Chester counties (I don't know why, I can understand why for Nashville, which has 2.1 million population, but not for Jackson, I'd think for it they'd want to consolidate it into one state senator).  I think it did help that this particular state senator may have known the previous state senator of his district, who is a good personal friend of my maternal grandmother and was of my late maternal grandfather.

I invite you to view this map to tell me what you think of my ideas, your favorites (obviously those that don't like fictional interstates would like the real interstates most) and your least favorites.  I appreciate all constructive criticism.

Thanks!

hotdogPi

Quote from: Daniel Fiddler on January 16, 2022, 08:08:08 PM
Metropolitan Jackson is actually divided between three state senators, one for Madison, one for Gibson, and one for Chester counties (I don't know why, I can understand why for Nashville, which has 2.1 million population, but not for Jackson, I'd think for it they'd want to consolidate it into one state senator).

Jackson isn't split. The outlying areas aren't really part of the metro area.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: 1 on January 16, 2022, 08:17:32 PM
Metropolitan Jackson is actually divided between three state senators, one for Madison, one for Gibson, and one for Chester counties (I don't know why, I can understand why for Nashville, which has 2.1 million population, but not for Jackson, I'd think for it they'd want to consolidate it into one state senator).

Doesn't mean said state senators couldn't have influence over the plan.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Daniel Fiddler

Quote from: 1 on January 16, 2022, 08:17:32 PM

I do consider Gibson and Chester part of Jackson, Gibson because of Milan, Humboldt, and Medina and Chester because of Henderson.  Only the southern part of Gibson County (those three towns) is really suburbs of Jackson, although they are.  US 45 BYP is six lanes north of I-40 and carries a large amount of traffic to Oil Well, it slows down slightly past Oil Well when you get past the restaurants and shopping but still a decent amount past there.  If Milan, Humboldt, and Medina were not in Gibson county, I would not consider Gibson county part of the Jackson Metropolitan Area because Trenton and Bradford absolutely are not.  I would be willing to say that Henderson and therefore Chester county is not part of the metropolitan area though, especially since they are so far removed from I-40, even though they are closer to downtown.

There is not a good way to get between the north side of Jackson and the south side of Jackson or vice-versa because you have to go through downtown, although Jackson has grown predominately north and very little south and east and none west.  It can't grow west despite Interstate 40 because of swamp / wetlands.  I do not consider the small towns 25 or 30 miles out of Jackson as part of the metropolitan area at all.

oscar

I chose these two state senators because Metropolitan Jackson is actually divided between three state senators, one for Madison, one for Gibson, and one for Chester counties (I don't know why, I can understand why for Nashville, which has 2.1 million population, but not for Jackson, I'd think for it they'd want to consolidate it into one state senator).

The split might be mostly to promote the political interests of those drawing the lines, rather than to make sense otherwise.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.