Meta > Suggestions and Questions

UPDATED: User profile political content restrictions

<< < (3/14) > >>

hbelkins:

--- Quote from: abefroman329 on June 01, 2018, 04:27:54 PM ---
It really sounds like you should start your own forum, where you can make as many (or as few) rules you like.

--- End quote ---

Or you could have taken your own advice before the change was made...

--- Quote from: abefroman329 on June 01, 2018, 02:56:12 PM ---Suits me just fine.  Anyone who doesn't like it is free to use their personal freedom and leave.

--- End quote ---

:bigass:

abefroman329:

--- Quote from: hbelkins on June 01, 2018, 04:37:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: abefroman329 on June 01, 2018, 04:27:54 PM ---
It really sounds like you should start your own forum, where you can make as many (or as few) rules you like.

--- End quote ---

Or you could have taken your own advice before the change was made...

--- Quote from: abefroman329 on June 01, 2018, 02:56:12 PM ---Suits me just fine.  Anyone who doesn't like it is free to use their personal freedom and leave.

--- End quote ---

:bigass:

--- End quote ---

Nah, I'll stay.  I like it better now, not being smacked in the face with unsolicited political opinions  :bigass: :bigass: :bigass: :bigass: :bigass: :bigass: :bigass: :bigass: :bigass: :bigass: :bigass: :bigass: :bigass:

abefroman329:

--- Quote from: 1 on June 01, 2018, 04:31:04 PM ---bugo tried that. It didn't work.
--- End quote ---

Unmoderated forums tend to be cesspools.  The one at the old fuckedcompany.com (don't get mad at me, I didn't name it) sure was.  More recently, there are certain subreddits (some are enormously helpful, some..not so much).

US71:

--- Quote from: 1 on June 01, 2018, 04:31:04 PM ---
bugo tried that. It didn't work.

--- End quote ---

He was supposedly hacked.  You'd have to ask him for details

webny99:

--- Quote from: hbelkins on June 01, 2018, 01:52:32 PM ---But they made a big splash over it, and thus we have the "one size fits all" approach that doesn't differentiate between forum/MTR/roadgeeking veterans and rookies.

--- End quote ---

To me, the issue was just as much, if not more, about unequal treatment than it was about politics in signatures. How long you've been around, been roadgeeking, etc, has no bearing whatsoever on forum rules. A rule isn't a rule unless one size does fit all - or what's the point of having a rule at all?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version