Meta > Suggestions and Questions

UPDATED: User profile political content restrictions

<< < (2/14) > >>

hbelkins:
Once again, a few malcontents ruin everything for everybody. One size fits all. Baby with the bathwater. And etc. (sic)

Addendum: I probably should clarify. In my perception, this really wasn't an issue until a couple of people turned it into one. Instead of merely using a signature or profile comment to communicate their own feelings or ideologies, they instead chose to complain about people who do/did. Had they left the matter alone, this wouldn't have happened. But they made a big splash over it, and thus we have the "one size fits all" approach that doesn't differentiate between forum/MTR/roadgeeking veterans and rookies.

abefroman329:
Suits me just fine.  Anyone who doesn't like it is free to use their personal freedom and leave.

1:

--- Quote from: hbelkins on June 01, 2018, 01:52:32 PM ---"one size fits all" approach that doesn't differentiate between forum/MTR/roadgeeking veterans and rookies.

--- End quote ---

Rules apply to everyone equally.

abefroman329:

--- Quote from: hbelkins on June 01, 2018, 01:52:32 PM ---Once again, a few malcontents ruin everything for everybody. One size fits all. Baby with the bathwater. And etc. (sic)

Addendum: I probably should clarify. In my perception, this really wasn't an issue until a couple of people turned it into one. Instead of merely using a signature or profile comment to communicate their own feelings or ideologies, they instead chose to complain about people who do/did. Had they left the matter alone, this wouldn't have happened. But they made a big splash over it, and thus we have the "one size fits all" approach that doesn't differentiate between forum/MTR/roadgeeking veterans and rookies.

--- End quote ---

It really sounds like you should start your own forum, where you can make as many (or as few) rules you like.

1:

--- Quote from: abefroman329 on June 01, 2018, 04:27:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: hbelkins on June 01, 2018, 01:52:32 PM ---Once again, a few malcontents ruin everything for everybody. One size fits all. Baby with the bathwater. And etc. (sic)

--- End quote ---

It really sounds like you should start your own forum, where you can make as many (or as few) rules you like.

--- End quote ---

bugo tried that. It didn't work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version