News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Scranton PA

Started by AcE_Wolf_287, March 22, 2020, 11:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

I was always wondering why before US 6 changed the I-81 and PA 347 cloverleaf interchange into the parclo it is now, I distinctly remembered the signage for it being signed Blakely Street S Bound and Throop for N Bound.  That struck me odd that one way it was signed by the street name and the other for the city it serves because I often wondered if I-81 was where Blakey Street ended and changed names to another street or if it was Blakely Street on both sides and being Scranton is west of I-81 at many exits the name "Blakely Street" was given to PA 347 SB to avoid redundancy.

Now from GSV I see it is signed "Dunmore and Throop" and the Blakely Street named dropped totally.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

AcE_Wolf_287

Quote from: roadman65 on August 18, 2020, 03:24:29 PM
I was always wondering why before US 6 changed the I-81 and PA 347 cloverleaf interchange into the parclo it is now, I distinctly remembered the signage for it being signed Blakely Street S Bound and Throop for N Bound.  That struck me odd that one way it was signed by the street name and the other for the city it serves because I often wondered if I-81 was where Blakey Street ended and changed names to another street or if it was Blakely Street on both sides and being Scranton is west of I-81 at many exits the name "Blakely Street" was given to PA 347 SB to avoid redundancy.

Now from GSV I see it is signed "Dunmore and Throop" and the Blakely Street named dropped totally.

maybe to relieve traffic?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.