News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

TxDOT to begin road widening on HWY 190 East of Temple

Started by longhorn, May 27, 2020, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longhorn

https://www.kxxv.com/news/local-news/txdot-to-begin-road-widening-on-hwy-190

The roadwork limits span from two miles south of FM 436 in Heidenheimer, TX to the Milam County Line.

Additionally, crews will be constructing a bypass that will branch off east around Rogers, TX, and then reconnect with Highway 190.

rte66man

Quote from: longhorn on May 27, 2020, 10:10:03 AM

The roadwork limits span from two miles south of FM 436 in Heidenheimer, TX to the Milam County Line.

Additionally, crews will be constructing a bypass that will branch off east around Rogers, TX, and then reconnect with Highway 190.

Your title should read "east of Temple" instead of "west of Temple".
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

longhorn

Quote from: rte66man on May 27, 2020, 10:14:01 AM

Your title should read "east of Temple" instead of "west of Temple".

Thanks made the change.

armadillo speedbump

Glad to see this project get started.  Probably half the time I pass through there I get stuck behind someone going well below the speed limit.

Disappointing that it will take 3.5 years to build 7 miles through rural farmland.  Interesting that the Rogers bypass will be on the east side, requiring 2 new grade separations over/under the railroad line.  If they would extend the project one more mile, into Milam County, they'd only need one of those and have a shorter route.  More importantly, through traffic could then avoid the narrow and speed restricted S-curve underpass of the railroad near the Milam/Bell County line.  Not fun meeting a big rig under that rail bridge that is having trouble staying lane centered because he hit the curve too fast.

abqtraveler

Is this project related to building I-14 through this area?
2-d Interstates traveled:  4, 5, 8, 10, 15, 20, 24, 25, 27, 29, 35, 39, 40, 41, 43, 45, 49, 55, 57, 64, 65, 66, 69, 70, 71, 72, 74, 75, 76(E), 77, 78, 81, 83, 84(W), 85, 87(N), 89, 90, 91, 93, 94, 95

2-d Interstates Clinched:  12, 22, 30, 37, 44, 59, 80, 84(E), 86(E), 238, H1, H2, H3, H201

Bobby5280

Quote from: abqtravelerIs this project related to building I-14 through this area?

If it's not clearly stated in the plans the upgrade would still be along the proposed I-14 route.

What's not so clear is how I-14 gets from Belton to Heidenheimer. Some kind of new terrain route parallel to FM-93 looks necessary. That might be cheaper to do than building a directional stack interchange in Temple at I-35 & US-190 (currently a volleyball interchange completely encroached by development).

longhorn

Quote from: armadillo speedbump on May 28, 2020, 01:05:29 PM
Glad to see this project get started.  Probably half the time I pass through there I get stuck behind someone going well below the speed limit.

Disappointing that it will take 3.5 years to build 7 miles through rural farmland.  Interesting that the Rogers bypass will be on the east side, requiring 2 new grade separations over/under the railroad line.  If they would extend the project one more mile, into Milam County, they'd only need one of those and have a shorter route.  More importantly, through traffic could then avoid the narrow and speed restricted S-curve underpass of the railroad near the Milam/Bell County line.  Not fun meeting a big rig under that rail bridge that is having trouble staying lane centered because he hit the curve too fast.

And I thought I was the only one.........So true,

longhorn

Quote from: Bobby5280 on June 04, 2020, 05:56:28 PM
Quote from: abqtravelerIs this project related to building I-14 through this area?

If it's not clearly stated in the plans the upgrade would still be along the proposed I-14 route.

What's not so clear is how I-14 gets from Belton to Heidenheimer. Some kind of new terrain route parallel to FM-93 looks necessary. That might be cheaper to do than building a directional stack interchange in Temple at I-35 & US-190 (currently a volleyball interchange completely encroached by development).

The last info on this is a southern route from south of Belton over to Heidenheimer.  It will be YEARS before that is started.

longhorn

Cannot find schematic on Txdot site about this project, can someone find one?

J N Winkler

Information I have found:

TxDOT US 190 feasibility study (covers I-14 from I-35 corridor east to Rogers)

City of Rogers page on I-14 bypass (available schematic is just a JPEG without labels and appears to show only part of the route)

The widening and Rogers bypass segment discussed in the OP was let by TxDOT in November 2019 as CCSJ 0185-01-030 in Bell County.  Unfortunately, the construction plans are no longer available online, since TxDOT's archive extends back only to the beginning of 2020.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

longhorn

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.