AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Author Topic: Proposed 4 level stack interchange at I35E and US 287 renderings  (Read 6763 times)

In_Correct

• Safety > Danger ... Road Buffets > Road Diets

• Last Login: March 17, 2024, 11:23:52 PM
Re: Proposed 4 level stack interchange at I35E and US 287 renderings
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2021, 09:32:15 PM »

That music should be used much more often in additional presentation videos.

It would be even better to rework the interchange as the one in El Paso.
Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

Scott5114

• Nit picker of unprecedented pedantry

• Last Login: Today at 02:20:41 AM
    • Denexa 100% Plastic Playing Cards
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2021, 09:55:46 PM »

Hang on a minute. This video was uploaded to YouTube by a "Dirk Younts", who has 7 subscribers. Comments are turned off on the video.

Is this an official proposal, or is this Some Guy doing a 3D Fictional Highways presentation that manages to look a lot like a real public information video for a project?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

triplemultiplex

• "You read it; you can't unread it!"

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 03:51:37 PM
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2021, 06:16:40 PM »

Very cool renderings and what's more cooler, is they use old 1970s disco music as a BGM. ;)

That's "Love's Theme" by Barry White.  It's a beautiful piece of music, but it's an interesting selection for this kind of video.
It's not actually credited to Barry White, but produced and arranged by him and Gene Page.

A great period instrumental that I suppose kind of captures the vibe of when the cloverleaf was built.

My god, this video feels like a clip from the opening credits of a prime time soap intended to compete with the show "Dallas".  Bravo, TXDOT.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

motorola870

• Last Login: Today at 12:02:30 AM
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2021, 03:21:34 AM »

Hang on a minute. This video was uploaded to YouTube by a "Dirk Younts", who has 7 subscribers. Comments are turned off on the video.

Is this an official proposal, or is this Some Guy doing a 3D Fictional Highways presentation that manages to look a lot like a real public information video for a project?
Considering the video has the official logo of the city  if this was fan fiction the man could be sued by the city for misappropriation of their logo. I think it's something the city had drawn up. I don't think it is fake. This is likely something drawn up for the city and got leaked to youtube if anything and video comments turned off mean nothing sometimes video posters disable comments to not have controversy in the comments if its something that's not final. The courthouse style gateway artwork monuments scream the Waxahachie Historic society I don't think its fan made. The court house and the 1931 viaduct are two of the most prominent features of the city that the city showcases as tourism and that is why all of the I35 overpasses are getting a very similar railing to the 1931 viaduct that is soon to come down and replicated in other places locally in the metro on newer bridges. I think the city may have hired the man to make the video and he posted it to YouTube himself why else is the city watermark in the lower bottom corner of the video. Its probably a video that would get released if TXDOT was to add it to the transportation plan or something to send to the regional transportation commission for discussion and TXDOT. I just don't see how a fan fiction would include the city logo as a watermark. More than likely the city of Waxahachie is preparing for the 2030s and working to get an interchange added to the transportation plan. There is already studies on upgrading the cloverleaf stack in midlothian to a fully directional complicated stack as it is missing a exit to Northbound US67 from US287. There are corridor upgrades planned along with a future stack at TX360 in Mansfield.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 03:55:58 AM by motorola870 »

kphoger

• My 2 Achilles' heels: sarcasm & snark

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:31:10 PM
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2021, 10:59:33 AM »

We're still talking about Waxahachie, right?  A town of 35,000 people?  Tell me what level of video quality you were expecting.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. Dick
If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

armadillo speedbump

• Last Login: March 03, 2024, 11:03:06 PM
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2021, 12:28:42 PM »

TXDOT has the schematics already drawn up for all of it they have proposed interchanges all the way from Ennis to Mansfield already laid out. It is in the works. It went into public meet phase back in 2020 I believe.

https://www.txdot.gov/inside-txdot/get-involved/about/hearings-meetings/dallas/042120.html

Thanks. 

So 3 more grade separations planned from the 360 interchange to Midlothian, 5 between Mid. and Waxahachie, and 5 Wax-Ennis.  None actually needed until traffic growth requires a signaled intersection.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.