News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Autographs

Started by Flint1979, May 03, 2021, 01:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flint1979

What's the most prized autograph(s) you have got? Mine is from perhaps the two greatest players in Detroit sports history from the oldest two teams in town.

kphoger

I've a baseball card somewhere at my parents' house signed by Ryne Sandberg.  That's the only famous autograph I have.  The only reason I have it is that my dad's third cousin (or something) used to clean his off-season house.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Flint1979

Quote from: kphoger on May 03, 2021, 02:45:25 PM
I've a baseball card somewhere at my parents' house signed by Ryne Sandberg.  That's the only famous autograph I have.  The only reason I have it is that my dad's third cousin (or something) used to clean his off-season house.
Got both of the one's I have when I met each of them in person. I met Kaline at a hotel in Toronto when he was broadcasting for the Tigers and met Howe at a book signing event. I was still a kid pretty much when I got them so it was a major thrill to meet both of them. I also have met Joe Schmidt but don't have his autograph. Plus I have a Ken Griffey, Jr. rookie card, getting that autographed would be cool since I grew up watching him play and remember his early years quite well.

Max Rockatansky

I have dozens from NASCAR drivers.  I don't even know how I would keep track given so many random items have signatures.

Alps

Pedro Feliciano signed my Mets hat. I tried to get him to sign my Yankees hat but he wasn't in the autograph queue the one game I attended where he was on the roster.

Bruce

I won a trivia contest and the prize was a signed Sounders jersey with the 2019 cup-winning team's autographs, plus a bonus shirt with autographs from Borussia Dortmund's squad (who played the Sounders in a friendly that summer).

I need to get them framed eventually.

Roadgeekteen

Some needham high football players probably signed my middle or elementary school yearbooks
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Rothman

Had a ball signed by Meadowlark Lemon...but the stupid marker he used faded and rubbed away even with it just sitting around.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Flint1979

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 03, 2021, 06:29:19 PM
Some needham high football players probably signed my middle or elementary school yearbooks
I have a yearbook from my school that was signed by Jason Richardson who graduated from the same high school as me two years after me. So I guess I have that one too. It was a highlight watching him play in high school there was another big guy playing for Arthur Hill named DeAndre Hullet but he never made it anywhere.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Flint1979 on May 03, 2021, 08:48:15 PM
I have a yearbook from my school that was signed by Jason Richardson who graduated from the same high school as me two years after me. So I guess I have that one too. It was a highlight watching him play in high school there was another big guy playing for Arthur Hill named DeAndre Hullet but he never made it anywhere.
Maybe one of our sports players will make the big leagues.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Flint1979

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 03, 2021, 09:16:53 PM
Quote from: Flint1979 on May 03, 2021, 08:48:15 PM
Maybe one of our sports players will make the big leagues.
My hometown has produced a lot of athletes over the years.

Draymond Green
Terry McDaniel
Jason Richardson
Charles Rogers
Stu Schweigert
Sam Sword
Lamarr Woodley
Curt Young

Just to name a few.

kphoger

I had a crew member of a TIV (tornado intercept vehicle) sign his autograph at a gas station, because I thought he might be more famous than he actually was.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

CoreySamson

I have a Houston Rockets basketball autographed by Chandler Parsons (a forward who probably no one remembers anymore).
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Takumi

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 03, 2021, 05:31:38 PM
I have dozens from NASCAR drivers.  I don't even know how I would keep track given so many random items have signatures.
I have Senior's somewhere, I think. I know I had Benny Parsons' at one point as well.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Scott5114

Quote from: kphoger on May 04, 2021, 10:31:48 AM
I had a crew member of a TIV (tornado intercept vehicle) sign his autograph at a gas station, because I thought he might be more famous than he actually was.

Somewhere around my parents' house I have a stack of autographed glossy headshots of random Oklahoma City meteorologists I got at the state fair in the 90s. If there's a Gary England in there, it might be worth something, but I think they were mostly from KFOR and I doubt anyone wants an autographed photo of Mike "you need to drive directly into the tornado" Morgan.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.