News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

What Section of Interstate NOT in your state have you been on the most?

Started by Roadgeekteen, May 18, 2021, 03:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8daynegb

I-90 from WI/IL border to the I-69(frm US 27) exit with I-80/90 in Indiana
So Lone Star now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I-55

Let's Go Purdue Basketball Whoosh

1995hoo

If it's simply the segment of Interstate I've been on the most outside Virginia, it's easily I-395 in DC between the 14th Street Bridge and the 12th Street exit. I used that road to commute to work for many years and in non-pandemic times I use it regularly to go to Caps games.

If it's the Interstate that doesn't exist in Virginia that I've been on the most, it's likely I-270 in Maryland. I don't know that for certain, but I'm positive I've been on I-270 more often than unsigned I-595. Less sure about I-895 in Baltimore, which is a road we used on trips to New York when I was a little kid and the Fort McHenry Tunnel wasn't open yet.

(Edited to fix a typo.)
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

sprjus4

Gotta be a toss up in North Carolina between the I-40/85 overlap and I-95 south of US-64.

If it's a road that doesn't enter Virginia at all... than either I-40 between I-85 and I-87, then I-87 for its entire current length.

SkyPesos

Quote from: SkyPesos on May 18, 2021, 06:55:45 PM
I-71/75 in KY between I-275 and OH border.
Quote from: jayhawkco on May 18, 2021, 04:33:52 PM
I read the OP differently than others it appears.  I read it as "which interstate that doesn't exist at all in your state have you been on the most", not which stretch outside of your state.
I'll answer this one too: I-64 between MO 340 (exit 19B) and MO 141 (exit 22), but that was from when I used to live in the St Louis area. If excluding states that I used to live in too, along with all interstates that go through those states, then it's I-465's southern loop between I-70 and I-74 for me. If excluding 3dis too, then I-65 between I-865 and IN 38.

ftballfan

One of the following:
I-4 in the Orlando area
I-75, I-280, and I-475 in the Toledo area
I-80/90 (Toledo to Sandusky)

epzik8

From going to Myrtle Beach almost every year to visit my maternal grandmother, mine would be most of I-95 in both Virginia and North Carolina. Between Dumfries (my paternal grandparents' old exit) and Carmel Church (the entry point for those coming in from 301 via 207), I have been on it less frequently, because when we went with our dad he preferred 301 to avoid Northern Virginia's congestion. After my parents split, my mom preferred 95 because she didn't like the endless traffic lights on 301. Additionally, my dad would take 295 around Richmond and Petersburg while my mom would take 95 through them.

My exception for North Carolina is the 13 miles between I-74 and the South Carolina line. Leaving 95 at 74 was always hassle-free for us, especially once the new interchange opened.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

cpzilliacus

1. I-495, Virginia
2. I-66, Virginia
3. I-95, Virginia
4. I-395, Virginia
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

SEWIGuy

davewiecking

The few feet on I-495 between the MD/VA state line and the GW Pkwy exit.

mgk920

allniter89

I 65 from Mobile to Gary. We had regular loads from Armstrong to Shitcargoland.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

GaryV

If we are talking about a section of Interstate that is outside MI, then I-75 in OH.
If we are talking about an Interstate that is not in MI at all, it could be I-80, various sections.  Or maybe I-465 or I-469 in IN.

zzcarp

Since I moved to Colorado in 2006, it would be easily be I-80 from the east terminus of I-76 (W) near Big Springs, NE to Des Moines, IA.
So many miles and so many roads

wanderer2575

Going with the "which stretch outside of your home state" interpretation, mine by far would be the whopping 3.4 miles of I-75 between the Michigan/Ohio line and I-280 in Toledo.

Going with "which interstate that doesn't exist at all in your home state," that would be I-80 in Ohio between I-280 and I-76.  If plans hold, I will be driving it again this coming Saturday.

jp the roadgeek

Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

bwana39

Clearly I-20 in Louisiana. I-49 in Arkansas and Louisiana is passing it soon.

Outside my region, Probably I-40 in Arkansas or Maybe I-20 in Mississippi.
Let's build what we need as economically as possible.

hbelkins

Out-of-state portion of interstate that enters your state: I-64 east of the KY/WV state line to varying departure points (WV 10, US 60/29th Street, WV 193, I-77). In my youth, it was I-75 south of the state line to Knoxville.

Interstate that does not enter your state: I-77 or I-79 in West Virginia, I-81 in Virginia or Tennessee, or I-26/former I-181 in Tennessee. At one time, I-640 in Tennessee would probably have been the leader.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

sparker

If limited to Interstates that don't enter CA, my present residence, it would be the western I-84.  Disclaimer: I lived in Portland for 4 1/2 years in the early/mid '90's while attending grad school.  If the OP refers primarily to sections of any Interstate existing outside of CA it would definitely be I-5 in OR and WA, partially travels relating to the aforementioned academic stint and partially business and recreational travels to the Seattle area before, during, and after my Portland residence.

SEWIGuy

NOT in my state for an interstate that doesn't enter Wisconsin....

I would guess I-80 between I-294 and I-65.

kphoger

My guess is I-57 between Mount Vernon and Ina, IL.  Either that or between Ina and Whittington.

I used to drive a delivery route in that region, and almost every single day's route would have used that stretch of highway, no matter what other routes I drove that day.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

frankenroad

Hard question to answer, because I have lived in multiple states.  If I exclude all interstates that enter into any of those states, the road most travelled is probably I-86 in NY/PA and I-88 in NY.

If I only exclude interstates that do not enter into my current state (Ohio) it is probably I-96 in Michigan, or I-68 in WV/MD. 
2di's clinched: 44, 66, 68, 71, 72, 74, 78, 83, 84(east), 86(east), 88(east), 96

Highways I've lived on M-43, M-185, US-127

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: frankenroad on May 19, 2021, 02:21:06 PM
Hard question to answer, because I have lived in multiple states.  If I exclude all interstates that enter into any of those states, the road most travelled is probably I-86 in NY/PA and I-88 in NY.

If I only exclude interstates that do not enter into my current state (Ohio) it is probably I-96 in Michigan, or I-68 in WV/MD.
What about any section of interstate outside of your state?
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

KCRoadFan

I-35 between Des Moines, IA, and Minneapolis, MN (visiting relatives in Minnesota).
I-70 between Troy, IL (I-55 junction east of St. Louis) and Columbus, OH (family trips out east).

Beyond Columbus, the route depends on where our destination is:

• Going to places in NY State or New England (Buffalo, Boston, etc.): I-71 north to I-271 to I-90 east near Cleveland.
  • Going to Philadelphia: I-70 east through Washington, PA, to the Turnpike at New Stanton.
  • Going to DC: I-70 east to Washington, PA, then to I-68 in Maryland (either via I-79 south to Morgantown or US 40 through Uniontown to Keyser's Ridge); east through Cumberland to I-70 at Hancock, then through Hagerstown to pick up I-270 at Frederick).

dkblake

I've lived in four different states (MA/NY/OH/VT). Not counting the interstate sections of those states, I would probably say I-95 in CT between Bridgeport and New Haven.

If we're doing the more restrictive definition and not counting any interstates that pass through any of those states, then probably either I-696 between I-275 and Telegraph or the I-69/I-94 multiplex in Port Huron.
2dis clinched: 8, 17, 69(original), 71, 72, 78, 81, 84(E), 86(E), 88(E), 89, 91, 93, 97

Mob-rule: http://www.mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/dblake.gif

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.