News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Has anyone noticed a bump on the NB Fred Hartman Bridge mid span

Started by roadman65, April 27, 2022, 07:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

I was driving SH 146 NB across the Ship Channel, and felt my car go airborne about midway between the two cable stays. 

Has anyone who has driven this particular bridge felt the same on the NB side?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

triplemultiplex

"That's just like... your opinion, man."

J N Winkler

I drove the Fred Hartman Bridge in 2017.  While my wheels stayed firmly on the deck at all times, I did notice there was enough of a hump to clear the navigational envelope for the ship channel that, with my cruise control set for 60 (the speed limit), I was all the way in the left lane passing everybody on the way up, and all the way in the right lane being passed by everybody on the way down.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

bwana39

I have crossed it NB 2X in the pst year. I noticed nothing, but the most recent was in early April.
Let's build what we need as economically as possible.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.