AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Birmingham  (Read 96069 times)

asdfjkll

• Last Login: September 08, 2021, 08:14:42 PM
Re: Birmingham
« Reply #325 on: February 26, 2021, 08:23:36 AM »

The I-65/Lakeshore Parkway interchange conversion to a DDI project in Homewood, AL has been withdrawn from this monthsís letting for bid. Not sure why.

I am unsure why it was withdrawn as well but it'll usually reappear within the next couple lettings from what I've seen on other projects let in 2020 that were withdrawn from one letting and put in another.

EDIT: The I-65/Lakeshore Parkway DDI is on the March 26, 2021 letting now, the list of projects that will be let on March 26th are now posted on the alletting website on the ALDOT website. There is also a replacement of the southbound I-65 welcome center south of the TN state line in this letting which is the only other notable project on this letting, the rest are generic maintenance projects and intersection improvements (there are a few roundabout installations in this letting as well)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 11:28:45 AM by asdfjkll »

Georgia

• Last Login: September 16, 2021, 01:10:27 AM
« Reply #326 on: March 04, 2021, 08:15:48 AM »

they better  not take away the rocket from the southbound welcome center!!

that welcome center did need a revamp big time.

Voyager75

• Last Login: September 16, 2021, 10:54:21 PM
« Reply #327 on: March 04, 2021, 05:00:18 PM »

Despite the completion of the I-20/59 viaduct project, as of last Friday there is only one advance sign for US 31/280 along the freeway northbound. Instead there are three US 280 trailblazers posted leading to the gore point for Exit 126A.

Southbound has three advance signs, but none beyond the APL ahead of 31st Street.

Was surprised to see that the three vintage overheads for I-65 with button copy shields on southbound survive.

The signage for US 280 has been a issue since the viaduct reopened.  I know of people that have missed the exit for that reason.
The first thing I noticed when I drove on the new bridge was the lack of a exit gantry for US-31/280. Thereís no warning for people unfamiliar with the new layout for the exit other than the 1 mile advanced signage. Those small trailblazer US-280 signs donít get the job done really. Those were added week or two after so the lack of signage is known by ALDOT but I doubt they do anything else about it. Those bridge pieces donít actually support sign gantries. The others are supported from the ground below so Iím not sure if the area under the exit ramp has room for supports. I would have to go down and investigate.

iPad

Was coming through downtown BíHam last night and lo and behold...new sign gantry installed at the off ramp to US-31/280. Wasnít expecting to see that so I had to take a quick blurry pic.

https://imgur.com/a/tkTMIqt

Henry

• Last Login: September 17, 2021, 12:50:07 PM
    • Henry Watson's Online Freeway
« Reply #328 on: May 10, 2021, 02:00:51 PM »

Does anyone have a final design on the new I-20/I-59/I-65 interchange? At least the new downtown section looks better than the old one ever did. Not to mention smoother...
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.