News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What does that sign say?

Started by WolfGuy100, January 31, 2011, 08:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WolfGuy100

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=39.190934,-74.712659&spn=0.001979,0.004823&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=39.191015,-74.712562&panoid=0PIF_LRgXhKLEhU1ydA7yw&cbp=12,38.74,,0,-9.72

First new thread made by me, but anyway, I was looking at Garden State Parkway and saw this blankout sign on the left. So, what do you think it is saying?

Ian

It's an LED E-ZPass Express OPEN sign. The same signs can be seen on the New Jersey Turnpike at the Meadowlands toll plaza (western spur).
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Alps

That's a pretty ridiculously bad condition for a new sign.  I wonder if it's something about the angle and the Google camera or if the sign has really lost that many LEDs.

Central Avenue

I was going to say it was probably just the photo, but I clicked back a couple times and it looks just as terrible from a distance.
Routewitches. These children of the moving road gather strength from travel . . . Rather than controlling the road, routewitches choose to work with it, borrowing its strength and using it to make bargains with entities both living and dead. -- Seanan McGuire, Sparrow Hill Road

mightyace

Well, I can that the lens is a bit dirty.  You'll see that things left and right of the BGS are clearer.  Though, I doubt that's all of it.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

NE2

This always happens when taking a picture of an LED sign. Is the LED not always on or something?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

froggie

As NE2 noted, LED signs (and signals too for that matter) are notorious for being poorly lit in digital photographs.  I've had the same sort of problem taking photos of LED signals, when I know very well the signal is fully working.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.