News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Missouri

Started by Revive 755, April 22, 2009, 12:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

intelati49

Quote from: I-35 on December 22, 2023, 08:52:22 PM

BILL FILED IN JEFFERSON CITY WOULD CHANGE I-44/I-70 NAMES

A proposed bill to be considered in the next Missouri General Assembly would flipflop the names of interstates 70 and 44 running through the state.

House Bill-2067 pre-filed on Wednesday by Representative Don Mayhew would change the name of Interstate-70 from the Kansas-Missouri state line to the Missouri-Illinois line to Interstate-44.

The bill would also change the name of Interstate-44 stretching from its current boundary in the St. Louis area to the Missouri-Oklahoma line to Interstate-70.

The short two paragraph introduction of the bill goes no further with any other information provided for the proposed changes to the names of the two interstates.

The 2024 General Assembly begins at 12-noon on Wednesday, January 3rd.

Anyone know what this is about?

https://www.krmsradio.com/bill-filed-in-jefferson-city-would-change-i-44-i-70-names/
What the actual

Great Lakes Roads

Quote from: intelati49 on December 22, 2023, 08:53:59 PM

BILL FILED IN JEFFERSON CITY WOULD CHANGE I-44/I-70 NAMES

A proposed bill to be considered in the next Missouri General Assembly would flipflop the names of interstates 70 and 44 running through the state.

House Bill-2067 pre-filed on Wednesday by Representative Don Mayhew would change the name of Interstate-70 from the Kansas-Missouri state line to the Missouri-Illinois line to Interstate-44.

The bill would also change the name of Interstate-44 stretching from its current boundary in the St. Louis area to the Missouri-Oklahoma line to Interstate-70.

The short two paragraph introduction of the bill goes no further with any other information provided for the proposed changes to the names of the two interstates.

The 2024 General Assembly begins at 12-noon on Wednesday, January 3rd.

https://www.krmsradio.com/bill-filed-in-jefferson-city-would-change-i-44-i-70-names/
What the actual

My head lost some brain cells from reading that

intelati49

Quote from: Great Lakes Roads on December 22, 2023, 09:02:32 PM

BILL FILED IN JEFFERSON CITY WOULD CHANGE I-44/I-70 NAMES.

What the actual

It's enough for me to drop everything and write a letter.

My first (in quite some time?) for this subject

Come on dude

Committees

Member of Conservation and Natural Resources

Chair of Transportation Accountability

Member of on Government Accountability

Member of Subcommittee on Appropriations - Public Safety, Corrections, Transportation and Revenue

Co-chair of on Transportation Oversight

adt1982

I'm very interested to know what his reasoning behind this is.  What happens at the state lines when those highways revert back to their original numbers?  Is this some sort of game?  Some gotcha aimed at the feds?  Did he fall and hit his head?

afguy

This is nothing more than a political stunt. I-44 runs through his district and more than likely he's doing this because the state funded improvements to I-70 over I-44. If this state rep knew anything, he would know I-70 was far more of a pressing need as it connects the state's two biggest cities and is an important east-west transcontinental route. The governor earlier this month already said now that the I-70 widening is funded, I-44 would be the next challenge. So, I really don't know what State Rep. Mayhew is trying to prove with this bill.

afguy

MoDOT is scaling back their planned widening of I-49 in Cass County. Originally, the widening was to go from 155th Street to North Cass Parkway, but now it will only go from 155th Street to MO-58. Local officials are rightfully upset about the decision and the lack of communication from MoDOT about the decision. Hopefully, MoDOT changes their minds.

Plan to widen part of I-49 in Cass County downsized

QuoteA plan to widen a section of Interstate 49 in Cass County is scaled back. Now leaders from the impacted communities want answers.

Political and civic leaders from Raymore, Belton, Grandview, and Cass County attended the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission meeting Thursday.

The group wanted answers after the commission cut plans to widen I-49 to three lanes from 155th Street to North Cass Parkway.

The commission approved a plan in July 2022. It earmarked $10 billion to improve highways, roads, and bridges across the state of Missouri. That plan also included $71 million to widen the six miles on I-49 surrounding Belton.

Originally, the project was scheduled to begin in the summer of 2024.

Since plans were announced, the Cass County leaders said the commission cut the project in half. Instead of expanding I-49 all the way to Raymore, the plan is to stop the expansion at MO-58 in Belton.

"This decision appears shortsighted and will present numerous issues to the entire southern region of Kansas City," Turnbow said.

During the meeting, the mayors and civic leaders told the commission they believed the decision to change the project was made without consulting anyone in the impacted communities. The group also pointed out that development decisions and building projects have been made because of the plan to widen I-49.

Each speaker asked that the commission reinstate the entirety of the I-49 project's scope and timeline, according to Turnbow.

Members of the commission apologized for the lack of communication and said the concerns had been heard. They did not say whether they would reconsider widening the entire stretch of I-49.
https://www.kctv5.com/2023/12/07/plan-widen-part-i-49-cass-county-downsized/

Plutonic Panda

Article on the I-70 expansion which officially begins this spring.

mvak36

https://www.modot.org/node/39665

MoDOT Celebrates Completion of Gov. Parson's Focus on Bridges Program

JEFFERSON CITY – The Missouri Department of Transportation today celebrated the completion of Gov. Mike Parson's Focus on Bridges program that restored or replaced 250 of the state's poorest bridges over the last four years. Established in 2019, the Focus on Bridges program was one of Gov. Parson's first major investments in transportation infrastructure.

The final project replaced the Blue Ridge Boulevard bridge over Interstate 70 in Independence and made interchange improvements to the ramps and approaches. The bridge will officially reopen to motorists on Dec. 22, just four years after the first bridge under the program opened on Dec. 20, 2019, in Iron County.

"Infrastructure has been a top priority since day one, and four years ago, we set out to replace 250 of our poorest bridges through the Focus on Bridges program," Gov. Parson said. "Today, we are proud to celebrate the 250th bridge completed as promised. From St. Louis to Springfield, from the Bootheel to the great Northwest, this program benefited Missourians everywhere. Focus on Bridges is a bold, one-of-a-kind program that leveraged general revenue to make far reaching improvements to our infrastructure for the first time in generations. While there is more to do, we know we have made a real difference and created a lasting model that will continue to serve Missourians now and into the future."

MoDOT is responsible for maintaining 10,424 bridges on the state system, the sixth most in the nation. The average age of the bridges is 49 years, and most of them were designed to last 50 years. Prior to Governor Parson's focus on infrastructure, the number of bridges rated as "poor" using Federal Highway Administration criteria, were increasing year over year rather than declining as now seen in Missouri. Currently there are 804 bridges that have been rated "poor" using Federal Highway Administration criteria, down 19 from a year ago.

"The completion of the Focus on Bridges program is an example of the progress being made to Missouri's bridges and Gov. Parson's commitment to moving Missouri forward," MoDOT Director Patrick McKenna said. "I applaud the governor for his leadership and commitment to improving Missouri's bridges and roadways. We will continue to work towards reducing the number of poor bridges in Missouri as additional federal and state revenue becomes available."

Gov. Parson's Focus on Bridges program was truly innovative and was made possible through a $50 million appropriation from General Revenue as well as $301 million in bond revenue approved by the Missouri General Assembly in 2019.  Maintaining the state's bridges helps provide a world-class transportation system that is safe, innovative, and reliable.
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

intelati49

Quote from: intelati49 on December 22, 2023, 09:05:16 PM
Quote from: Great Lakes Roads on December 22, 2023, 09:02:32 PM

BILL FILED IN JEFFERSON CITY WOULD CHANGE I-44/I-70 NAMES.

What the actual

It's enough for me to drop everything and write a letter.

He talks!

But it doesn't look great. I will have a gander at the numbers and make a point by point rebuttal.

"I-44 has 9 times the freight of I-70"

Maybe the fraction of freight, but I-70 is at least twice the volume last I saw.

mvak36

MODOT received $92,883,609 from the INFRA grant program for the Improve I-70 Project.

From Page 18 of the pdf:
Project Description:
This project will fund three segments of the larger program to reconstruct 191 miles of I-70 across Missouri. The scope of this project includes reconstruction of Segment A (Blue Springs to Odessa), Segment D (Route 63 to Route 54), Segment F (Warrenton to I-64), including new truck parking facilities and truck parking information systems, ITS additions, wildlife crossing and pollinator habitat conservation, and other enhancements such as broadband infrastructure, solar panels, and smart work zone information systems. The project also includes workforce programs for disadvantaged communities.

ARMOURERERIC

Quote from: mvak36 on January 25, 2024, 01:37:52 PM
MODOT received $92,883,609 from the INFRA grant program for the Improve I-70 Project.

From Page 18 of the pdf:
Project Description:
This project will fund three segments of the larger program to reconstruct 191 miles of I-70 across Missouri. The scope of this project includes reconstruction of Segment A (Blue Springs to Odessa), Segment D (Route 63 to Route 54), Segment F
(Warrenton to I-64), including new truck parking facilities and truck parking information systems, ITS additions, wildlife crossing and pollinator habitat conservation, and other enhancements such as broadband infrastructure, solar panels, and smart work zone information systems. The project also includes workforce programs for disadvantaged communities.

How close are any of these projects to being shovel ready.

mvak36

Quote from: ARMOURERERIC on January 26, 2024, 11:53:21 AM

From Page 18 of the pdf:
Project Description:
This project will fund three segments of the larger program to reconstruct 191 miles of I-70 across Missouri. The scope of this project includes reconstruction of Segment A (Blue Springs to Odessa), Segment D (Route 63 to Route 54), Segment F
(Warrenton to I-64), including new truck parking facilities and truck parking information systems, ITS additions, wildlife crossing and pollinator habitat conservation, and other enhancements such as broadband infrastructure, solar panels, and smart work zone information systems. The project also includes workforce programs for disadvantaged communities.

The widening projects themselves are going to start in 2024 and 2025. But it looks like the grant they won isn't for the widening itself, so I'm not sure how far along in the design process the above bolded improvements are.

https://www.modot.org/node/40537

Governor Parson's Improve I-70 Plan Receives Federal Funding

JEFFERSON CITY – Today, during his final State of the State Address, Governor Mike Parson, alongside Congressman Sam Graves, announced that Missouri has secured a $92.8 million Infrastructure for Rebuilding America (INFRA) grant to improve Interstate-70.

Missouri will use the INFRA grant for specific Improve I-70 projects, including truck parking, Intelligent Transportation System (ITS), work zone safety technology, and workforce development, all to enhance the efforts of adding an additional lane to I-70.

"For decades the expansion of I-70 was talked about in the State Capitol. After decades of inaction, our administration, with the help of the General Assembly, secured a historic investment of $2.8 billion last year to add a third lane across our state," said Governor Parson. "This additional grant money will help us build upon our historic investment and continue our administration's commitment to improving our state's infrastructure. We thank Congressman Graves for his leadership in securing this grant, the largest transportation grant Missouri has ever received."

The overall goal of the Improve I-70 project across Missouri is to provide a safe, efficient, environmentally sound, and cost-effective transportation facility that responds to corridor needs as a national interstate. Missouri's FY2024 budget from the General Assembly supported by Governor Parson provides $2.8 billion in General Revenue for the costs to plan, design, construct, reconstruct, rehabilitate, and repair three lanes in each direction on nearly 200 miles of I-70, from Blue Springs to Wentzville.

"Thanks to the leadership of Congressman Graves, this grant award acknowledges the national importance of the Improve I-70 corridor," said MoDOT Director Patrick McKenna. "MoDOT submitted an aggressive application for the Improve I-70 program through a federal project discretionary grant opportunity to add to the historic funding provided by the General Assembly and Governor Parson. With the award of this grant, it will allow the Improve I-70 corridor to enhance safety, increase technology, and improve innovation throughout the first three projects."

The first Improve I-70 project's contract is scheduled to be presented to the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission for approval at its February 14, 2024 meeting. The first phase of the project includes the segment of interstate from Route 63 in Columbia to Route 54 in Kingdom City. Construction on this first segment could start as early as summer 2024. The second project will focus on the segment from Warrenton to Wentzville and the third from Blue Springs to Odessa. Projects two and three are scheduled to be under construction in 2025.

"This grant will enable MoDOT to further stretch the funding for I-70 to include additions such as additional truck parking along I-70, and additional cameras and digital message boards used to help communicate to I-70 travelers," said MoDOT Improve I-70 Program Director Eric Kopinski. "We will also be looking at items to enhance technology and communication efforts through smart work zone features to advise motorists during construction."

afguy

Article from last month highlighting the $20 million the state set aside to study improvements to I-44. The part I found most interesting is that Franklin County commissioner Tim Brinker wants to see HWY 47 up to freeway standards between I-44 and I-70, thus making it a "western arc" freeway bypass of Metro STL. Personally, I think the idea is silly.

QuoteThe last major examination of the I-44 corridor was a 2008 "Purpose and Need Study," officials said. The 2010 expansion from four to six lanes of I-44 from near Six Flags to the Highway 100 Washington interchange, approximately five miles of work, was the only significant work after the 2008 study, O'Connor said. "I believe this project was already in the works prior to the 2008 study being completed though the study did highlight the need to complete these improvements," he said. Eventually, Brinker would like to see an "Interstate 470" bringing Highway 47 up to freeway standards between I-70 in Warrenton and I-44 in St. Clair." People think I jest when I say this, but there is a vision of 44 to 70 on this," he said. "There's that kind of interest out there throughout the U.S., quite frankly. And with the 70 construction going on, it's going to push some traffic patterns from a freight expressway to take the 44 route instead, in terms of timeliness, etc. I've already had people approach me on this that are in the industry, and (I) say we welcome any and all traverse through Franklin County, in lieu of St. Charles and Warren, those counties north."
https://www.emissourian.com/local_news/i-44-improvements-could-be-on-tap/article_583fce40-a4c4-11ee-b6ef-d7f46b3bbbf0.html

mvak36

Quote from: afguy on January 26, 2024, 05:47:30 PM
Article from last month highlighting the $20 million the state set aside to study improvements to I-44. The part I found most interesting is that Franklin County commissioner Tim Brinker wants to see HWY 47 up to freeway standards between I-44 and I-70, thus making it a "western arc" freeway bypass of Metro STL. Personally, I think the idea is silly.

QuoteThe last major examination of the I-44 corridor was a 2008 "Purpose and Need Study," officials said. The 2010 expansion from four to six lanes of I-44 from near Six Flags to the Highway 100 Washington interchange, approximately five miles of work, was the only significant work after the 2008 study, O'Connor said. "I believe this project was already in the works prior to the 2008 study being completed though the study did highlight the need to complete these improvements," he said. Eventually, Brinker would like to see an "Interstate 470" bringing Highway 47 up to freeway standards between I-70 in Warrenton and I-44 in St. Clair." People think I jest when I say this, but there is a vision of 44 to 70 on this," he said. "There's that kind of interest out there throughout the U.S., quite frankly. And with the 70 construction going on, it's going to push some traffic patterns from a freight expressway to take the 44 route instead, in terms of timeliness, etc. I've already had people approach me on this that are in the industry, and (I) say we welcome any and all traverse through Franklin County, in lieu of St. Charles and Warren, those counties north."
https://www.emissourian.com/local_news/i-44-improvements-could-be-on-tap/article_583fce40-a4c4-11ee-b6ef-d7f46b3bbbf0.html

Yeah I don't think they need it anytime soon. Maybe something from Union down to I-44 but I'm not sure that needs a freeway. Also, I'm pointing out the obvious but there's already a 470 in Missouri.

During the governor's State of the State speech he did mention that they will have more funding for I-44 with the grant that they received for I-70.

https://www.ky3.com/2024/01/26/much-needed-improvements-could-be-coming-i-44-through-missouri/

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3) - Much-needed improvements could be coming to I-44 throughout Missouri.

On Wednesday, Governor Parson announced more money for projects to improve the interstate in the Missouri State of the State address. Governor Parson announced more federal funding for the I-70 expansion project after Congressman Sam Graves secured another $90 million in federal funding.

Parson says the extra cash will free up state money to help refurbish I-44.

"We will be receiving over $90 million in additional funds to put towards projects on I-70," said Governor Mike Parson. "With these additional funds and those savings, we are announcing our recommendation to establish the I-44 Improvement Fund."

In the address, Governor Parson made that new push to make I-44 better and safer.

"We aren't just laying the foundation to expand and improve one interstate across our state but two interstates," said Gov. Parson.

MoDOT representatives say Missouri's 2024 budget has already provided $20 million for a study of more than 250 miles of I-44 from the Oklahoma state line to the Franklin County-St Louis County line.

"We are in the process of hiring two consultants to work on this study and pick up from the last time the corridor was studied in 2008," said MoDOT Communications Director Linda Horn. "This is the next step in reviewing the needs of I-44 and preparing for future projects to improve safety and reliability."

Truck drivers who drive I-44 almost every day say the improvements are overdue.

"We have about two or three big blowouts on 44 just in the last month," said truck driver Rob Law. "Most recently, a huge nail caused the blowout."

Law says he hopes the funding happens.

"I want to see improvements with the pavement, at least," said Law.

Revive 755

Quote from: mvak36 on January 27, 2024, 01:25:54 PMYeah I don't think they need it anytime soon. Maybe something from Union down to I-44 but I'm not sure that needs a freeway.

There's been a decent push to at least four lane MO 47 between I-44 and Washington for a while.  While a full freeway might not be the highest need in Missouri, there are some good arguments for one:

• The growth in St. Charles in Lincoln Counties.
  • I-270 needs relief.  A higher-type corridor further inward is unlikely to be developed.
  • It would allow an all-freeway bypass route for the next time flooding closes I-44 between MO 109 and I-270

mvak36

Quote from: Revive 755 on January 27, 2024, 10:53:52 PM
Quote from: mvak36 on January 27, 2024, 01:25:54 PMYeah I don't think they need it anytime soon. Maybe something from Union down to I-44 but I'm not sure that needs a freeway.

There's been a decent push to at least four lane MO 47 between I-44 and Washington for a while.  While a full freeway might not be the highest need in Missouri, there are some good arguments for one:

• The growth in St. Charles in Lincoln Counties.
  • I-270 needs relief.  A higher-type corridor further inward is unlikely to be developed.
  • It would allow an all-freeway bypass route for the next time flooding closes I-44 between MO 109 and I-270

Fair enough. I just wasn't sure if they'd build a freeway to start off with. If they build a 4-lane, hopefully they preserve the ROW to convert it to freeway in the future.

That bypass would have been useful a couple of Thanksgivings ago. They had VMS signs in Columbia saying that there were accidents and heavy traffic near Wentzville and to avoid the area. I probably should have stayed on I-70 until I got closer, but I ended up taking US 63 to Jeff City and US50 east to I-44.

Sani

Quote from: ARMOURERERIC on January 26, 2024, 11:53:21 AM

From Page 18 of the pdf:
Project Description:

I'm curious myself. I understand it's a design-build project, but I would think we'd have basic interchange geometry on paper by now if they plan to break ground on the Columbia to Kingdom City and Warrenton to Wentzville sections this summer and fall, respectively. Maybe we'll get a PDF of plans next week after the commission selects the design-build team for the Route 63 to Route 54 - Columbia to Kingdom City route.

J N Winkler

Quote from: Sani on February 07, 2024, 01:33:59 PMI'm curious myself. I understand it's a design-build project, but I would think we'd have basic interchange geometry on paper by now if they plan to break ground on the Columbia to Kingdom City and Warrenton to Wentzville sections this summer and fall, respectively. Maybe we'll get a PDF of plans next week after the commission selects the design-build team for the Route 63 to Route 54 - Columbia to Kingdom City route.

It looks like access to preliminary design information may require bothering someone at MoDOT (there's an almost identically worded statement for Columbia to Kingdom City):

QuoteFor industry access to information such as the sign in sheet and presentation from the industry meeting, please email improvei70@modot.mo.org and request access to Improve I-70: Warrenton to Wentzville's industry Sharepoint site.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

mvak36

https://www.modot.org/node/41153

JEFFERSON CITY – Today the Missouri Department of Transportation announced the selection of two consultants to lead an environmental study of the more than 250 miles of Interstate 44 from the Oklahoma state line to the Route 100 East interchange near Gray Summit in Franklin County.

The selected consultants, Hg Consult, Inc. and Garver, will each study a stretch of the corridor, which has been divided into two sections for the purpose of the study: Hg Consult will study the stretch from the Oklahoma state line to the Route 17 interchange near St. Robert, and Garver will study from St. Robert to the Route 100 East interchange at Gray Summit. 

"I-44 was completed in 1966 and serves as an important corridor for not only passenger travel but a key commercial trucking corridor in Missouri," said MoDOT Assistant Southwest District Engineer Greg Chapman. "This study is a critical step to prepare for future projects on I-44 that will focus on improving safety and reliability in this vital east-west link across Missouri."

The goal of the study is to update and validate the outcomes of the 2008 Purpose and Need Study and provide the opportunity for public input from stakeholders along the I-44 corridor. The study will also divide the more than 250 miles of the I-44 corridor into logical segments for further study and prioritize those segments for more detailed design and ultimately for construction when funds are available. 

Missouri's FY2024 budget from the General Assembly, signed into law by Gov. Parson, provides $20 million of General Revenue for the environmental study.

Project Website: https://www.modot.org/forward44

Sani

From MoDOT today:
QuoteContractor Selected for the First Improve I-70 Project
Section from Columbia to Kingdom City to start in early summer
JEFFERSON CITY – The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission (MHTC) has selected Millstone Weber as the apparent best-value proposer and Design-Build contractor of the first project in MoDOT's Improve I-70 Program. Negotiations to finalize the contract are currently in progress. Improve I-70: Columbia to Kingdom City will build a third lane in each direction and improve the 20-mile stretch of Interstate 70 between U.S. 63 in Columbia and U.S. 54 in Kingdom City beginning in summer 2024. This $405 million project is the first of several projects which will widen and improve the I-70 corridor.

Missouri's FY2024 budget from the General Assembly signed into law by Governor Parson provides $2.8 billion in General Revenue for the costs to build a third lane of I-70 across the state. The program will plan, design, construct, reconstruct, rehabilitate, and add a third lane in each direction on nearly 200 miles of I-70, from Blue Springs to Wentzville.

"Today's contractor selection marks the beginning of this generational opportunity to improve I-70, which serves as a critical economic east-west corridor across Missouri," said MHTC Chairman Terry Ecker. "This is a major challenge to deliver, but our MoDOT team working alongside the private sector partners in engineering and construction will deliver."

The selected team, including contractor Millstone Weber and designer Jacobs, competed against one other design-build team. The winning proposal showed not only an understanding of the engineering and design endeavors set out before the teams, but it also highlighted an understanding of the local, statewide, and national importance of an improved I-70. The winning proposal includes new concrete pavement on all three lanes of I-70 in each direction for the 20-mile section between Columbia and Kingdom City, wider inside and outside shoulders, and improved interchange designs at the U.S. 63 and U.S. 54 interchanges at I-70. Additionally, throughout construction two lanes of travel will be available for both directions of I-70 during peak hours.

The U.S. 63 and I-70 interchange proposal includes:

• Two new direct connection ramps (northbound U.S. 63 to westbound I-70 and eastbound I-70 to southbound U.S. 63)
  • Four new roundabouts
  • The U.S. 54 and I-70 interchange proposal includes two new bridges and a new and improved interchange.
"We could not be more humbled and excited. This is a huge deal for everyone who drives this stretch of interstate and uses these interchanges. We will do everything in our power – and then some – to reward the confidence being shown in us to deliver this critical project," said Bob Leingang, vice president, and chief engineer of Millstone Weber.

Design-Build is a project delivery method that combines both the design and construction phases into one contract. The selected contract team completes the design and construction in parallel instead of in succession, which saves time and resources. The goals for the Columbia to Kingdom City project include:

• Deliver the project by December 31, 2027, within the program budget of $405 million.
  • Provide a third lane of travel for eastbound and westbound Interstate 70 from Columbia to Kingdom City.
  • Improve I-70/US 63 and I-70/US 54 Interchanges providing for better traffic flow and movement of freight.
  • Improve the interstate while modernizing the existing pavement and bridges.
  • Minimize construction impacts through communication and construction staging while maintaining safety and mobility.
  • Provide expanded employment opportunities to a diverse workforce.
MoDOT plans to host additional public information meetings in central Missouri in spring 2024 ahead of construction where project plans and traffic control details for project #1 will be shared. Construction is scheduled to begin in summer 2024 with an anticipated completion in late 2027. For more information on the Improve I-70 Program, visit www.modot.org/improvei70.

For more information, call MoDOT at 888-ASK-MODOT (275-6636) or visit www.modot.org. To receive the latest statewide news and text alerts, signup for e-updates.

Plutonic Panda

MikieTimT

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on February 14, 2024, 10:17:07 PM
Ozarks Community Bridge Will become toll free on April 30th:

https://abc17news.com/news/transportation/2024/02/12/toll-to-be-removed-from-lake-of-the-ozarks-community-bridge-by-april-30/

Wow!  A tolled facility that actually sunsets after the bonds are paid off!  Clearly a different mindset than Oklahoma.

uozzim

Here is the winning proposal for the I-70/US 63 area:

Info: https://www.modot.org/improvei70/columbiakingdomcity
Video: https://www.modot.org/media/46316

This looks like a band-aid to me. It doesn't really help access from WB I-70 to US 63 at all.

Revive 755

^ The new direct ramp to WB I-70 is exiting NB US 63 on the left?

Sani

It looks like there will be two access routes to 63 from westbound I-70, one at a new roundabout at the intersection of Clark Lane and Hanover Boulevard east of 63, and one at a new roundabout on Clark Lane just west of 63. I'll be curious how they sign it -- northbound traffic take the first exit, southbound take the second? Is one better than the other for accessing local businesses along Clark?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.