Meta > Suggestions and Questions

TRIVIA NIGHT results and host registration

(1/63) > >>

Alps:
It's been hinted at, but I'd love to see people come back into our chat room. There should be at least a few people in there most nights. Click on the "CHAT" text in the menu at the top of the forum, and here's a direct link.

Now that chat is back, we ought to start having TRIVIA NIGHTS again. I think once a week proved to be too much, so let's say once a month. This thread will be used to update results of trivia nights and announce new ones. So watch this space and see when we're ready to start one up!

Alps:
We need hosts! I'd like to have a trivia night soon - maybe even this week. I think in the past we've chosen midweek nights, Tues-Thurs, as a time when most of us are around and online. The format in the past has been roughly 50-60 questions, one question per state (more or less), Canadian provinces, national, even international, whatever you want to throw on. It takes about 5 hours to put together a list of good questions - some easy, some hard. Who wants to volunteer?

While I wait for a volunteer, let's get the night established. Poll open.

corco:

--- Quote --- Respond with the NUMBER OF THE QUESTION to ring in.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote --- CLOSEST GUESS QUESTIONS: Respond directly with your guess.
--- End quote ---

Those two things could potentially overlap and cause a spam message- maybe preface closest guess questions with a number sign or something?

Alps:

--- Quote from: corco on February 02, 2013, 12:44:44 AM ---
--- Quote --- Respond with the NUMBER OF THE QUESTION to ring in.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote --- CLOSEST GUESS QUESTIONS: Respond directly with your guess.
--- End quote ---

Those two things could potentially overlap and cause a spam message- maybe preface closest guess questions with a number sign or something?

--- End quote ---
It starts to get pretty tricky. The occasional spam message may happen, but the workaround could start to get more complicated than just letting it go.

bugo:
Is there any trivia software that can be downloaded?  The chat room isn't a very good venue for trivia.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version