News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Waffle House

Started by cpzilliacus, October 02, 2012, 09:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

6a

All this talk about exits with two Waffle Houses may make more sense should you find yourself a person of color in 1960s Louisiana.

cjk374

Quote from: 6a on July 08, 2015, 07:18:18 PM
All this talk about exits with two Waffle Houses may make more sense should you find yourself a person of color in 1960s Louisiana most anywhere.

FTFY  :eyebrow:

No need to single out just one state (esp. my home state).
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

6a

Quote from: cjk374 on July 09, 2015, 04:03:17 PM
All this talk about exits with two Waffle Houses may make more sense should you find yourself a person of color in 1960s Louisiana most anywhere.

That wasn't my intention, I apologize.

cjk374

Quote from: 6a on July 09, 2015, 04:52:50 PM

Quote from: cjk374 on July 09, 2015, 04:03:17 PM

That wasn't my intention, I apologize.
It's all good!   :thumbsup:  :bigass:
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

route17fan

One of the inherent dangers of businesses with individual letters being separately lit is having the word (or words) spell something else at night. Case in point a Waffle House with a burnt out L in "waffle" and U in "house" became me eating at a "WAFFE HOSE"  :-D
John Krakoff - Cleveland, Ohio

briantroutman

Quote from: route17fan on July 26, 2015, 08:24:03 PM
One of the inherent dangers of businesses with individual letters being separately lit is having the word (or words) spell something else at night. Case in point a Waffle House with a burnt out L in "waffle" and U in "house" became me eating at a "WAFFE HOSE"  :-D

How many times I've seen S H E L L looming in the night sky.

hm insulators

Quote from: DandyDan on October 06, 2012, 06:15:51 PM
I can probably count the number of times I've been to a Waffle House on one hand.  (They don't have them here in Omaha, or anywhere I normally travel to.)  On the other hand, the day I went walking across the Chain of Rocks bridge, I started that day eating at the Waffle House just east of there.  It's not bad for what it is, but I couldn't convince my one friend to eat at the one in AZ we saw there.  (I read somewhere Arizona has the farthest west Waffle Houses.)

There's at least a couple of them in the Phoenix area.
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

odditude

Quote from: briantroutman on July 27, 2015, 01:03:17 AM
Quote from: route17fan on July 26, 2015, 08:24:03 PM

How many times I've seen S H E L L looming in the night sky.

the self storage place at 2nd and Callowhill in Philly boldly proclaimed "ELF ST RAGE" for months - kinda sounds like a Christmas slasher flick to me.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.