Illinois interesting bid annoucements

Started by Revive 755, June 05, 2013, 10:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: paulthemapguy on April 02, 2024, 11:38:19 PM
Quote from: Revive 755 on March 22, 2024, 11:47:40 PMItem 206 installs a roundabout at the Cedar Road - Haven Avenue intersections in New Lenox.

I was wondering about this! I drive through this cumbersome intersection often. I was also curious if we were going to get another roundabout in Will County.  :bigass: Utility and tree removal work are already well underway with this.

Sweet!  That's my (very) old stomping grounds.  I went to grade school (1st through 3rd) right there at that intersection.

My childhood home was where 4th Ave dead-ends at the tracks.  I also remember when Haven actually connected to Lincoln Hwy at its western end.

Oh yeah, and I remember there being a pay phone in the parking lot of the library at Cedar & 4th.  My friend and I once biked over and called the operator and spewed out all the dirty words we knew.  Then we called 911 and did the same thing.  We rode back to my house, changed our clothes (to disguise ourselves, of course), and went back again.  We told someone who was parked at the pay phone that the darned pay phone had eaten our quarter.  Her response:  "Oh you'd better get out of here, the cops are looking for you!"  Hoo boy, we high-tailed it out of there.

Then there was the time I got tired of stopping and looking both ways when crossing Cedar on 4th, because there was never anyone coming, so I just decided to not stop and look.  That made a driver slam on the brakes and do a screeching 180° (or more) in the middle of Cedar Road, and the bumper still came within probably a foot of me.  "You asshole!" he shouted out the window, but away I rode.  Man, it's amazing I survived childhood...
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.