News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Erroneous road signs

Started by FLRoads, January 20, 2009, 04:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoreySamson

That is glorious!  :)  How does that even happen?
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

SkyPesos

I like that error. We wouldn't get an I-100 otherwise.

plain

Quote from: hbelkins on April 13, 2021, 03:39:24 PM
I'm not sure how this contractor error happened. That's supposed to be a Western Kentucky Parkway route marker. Instead, we now have I-100!

You should save that pic on at least four different thumb drives, a few SD cards, and maybe the Cloud. It must be cherished foreverrrrrr!
Newark born, Richmond bred

LilianaUwU

I'm not sure how this contractor error happened. That's supposed to be a Western Kentucky Parkway route marker. Instead, we now have I-100!

I think we have a winner here. This might be the most baffling error there ever was (unless the Parkway is secretly KY 100?).
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

thenetwork

Is that a one-off, or are all the approach signs that way?

JoePCool14

You have officially won the thread. I still think there one day could reasonably be an I-100 on the very top of the country hugging the Canadian border.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

SkyPesos

Quote from: JoePCool14 on April 13, 2021, 10:32:37 PM
You have officially won the thread. I still think there one day could reasonably be an I-100 on the very top of the country hugging the Canadian border.
If FritzOwl becomes president.

Flint1979

The most northern US route US-2 sees little traffic.

formulanone

There's a really simple explanation for I-100:

Exit 42 + I-69 — I-24 + Lucky 13 = 100

Never mind, it's just amazingly weird.

kenarmy

Plot Twist: It's not an error.
Just a reminder that US 6, 49, 50, and 98 are superior to your fave routes :)

EXTEND 206 SO IT CAN MEET ITS PARENT.

interstatefan990

Yes, a spur route of famous I-0...  :hmm:
Multi-lane roundabouts are an abomination to mankind.

Scott5114

Quote from: interstatefan990 on April 14, 2021, 02:38:43 AM

Yes, a spur route of famous I-0...  :hmm:

I mean, it's the same logic that gave us US-101.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

WillWeaverRVA

FritzOwl strikes!

Quote from: LilianaUwU on April 13, 2021, 06:33:40 PM
I think we have a winner here. This might be the most baffling error there ever was (unless the Parkway is secretly KY 100?).

Nope, its secret designation is KY 9001 (and part of it is future I-569), which makes me wonder where the contractor got 100 from in the first place.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

roadman65

Quote from: kphoger on April 14, 2021, 12:21:49 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on April 14, 2021, 12:01:00 PM
https://goo.gl/maps/oPUKgkgzF6b9YtKa6 US 122 is back.

Also US 73 in Kansas has a child in NJ.
https://goo.gl/maps/ergb4sLzxrRT3NMu7

Same locale in NJ.

Aren't those just US/State mixup shield error signs?

I tried to find the page, but the site engine was no help.  I typed in US routes signed as State routes, but no help. 

Sheryl Crowe

kphoger

Yeah, the search engine is tough to use sometimes.  I tried a few times, then gave up and just searched the child board for it myself.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

jakeroot

Quote from: kphoger on April 14, 2021, 12:57:43 PM
Yeah, the search engine is tough to use sometimes.  I tried a few times, then gave up and just searched the child board for it myself.

I've been having trouble using the search engine lately. I find using quotes helps, but even lately that hasn't helped. Most recently I was trying to find an image by searching with the link from Imgur (using just the end of the link) ... no luck. Still haven't found it, even though I know I posted it.

SkyPesos

I use Google as the search engine for here. Adding in 'aaroads' to the search normally results in forum posts here as the top results. The exception is for fictional highways, which is locked behind a login and Google can't search for threads there.

roadman65

Quote from: SkyPesos on April 14, 2021, 01:13:11 PM
I use Google as the search engine for here. Adding in 'aaroads' to the search normally results in forum posts here as the top results. The exception is for fictional highways, which is locked behind a login and Google can't search for threads there.

Yeah I posted it on there as well as I used your link above.  Have to remember that one next time as I always can't find certain threads on here.

Sheryl Crowe

hbelkins

Quote from: thenetwork on April 13, 2021, 08:54:02 PM
Is that a one-off, or are all the approach signs that way?

I think it's a one-off. The original sign must have gotten knocked down or something.

This is what it replaced. I was in error on the original location. It's I-24 westbound. The eastbound signs have Henderson listed as well as E-town. Best I can tell, this photo was taken last summer.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

andrepoiy

Here is a yield sign placed upside-down

roadman65

I drove the I-24 and 69 concurrency in September last year and saw no mistake. I drove it EB and nothing odd then.

Sheryl Crowe

ErmineNotyours

Another square-mounted curve sign.  They have bolt holes for a guide and everything.

tchafe1978

Quote from: ErmineNotyours on April 15, 2021, 10:34:33 PM
Another square-mounted curve sign.  They have bolt holes for a guide and everything.

Something tells me it's being used for other than its originally intended purpose.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.