News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Best Ear Buds For Sensitive Ears

Started by bluecountry, January 07, 2021, 07:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluecountry

I am trying to get my father wireless ear buds and he is  being impossible.
I don't know the anatomy of his ear, but I've tried pro beats, apple air pods, jaybirds, and he vetches about them all falling out of his left ear (ugh).

So I wanted to know if you have any you may recommend or better, what store (I am outside Washington DC) I can go to and get some expert help fitting him?  Think of like trying to get a fat kid special clothes, obviously ordering by the internet is not going to work.  Thanks.

JayhawkCO

I'll give you an alternative option.  I just ordered my wife and I the Aftershockz Aeropex bone conducting headphones.  They don't actually go in the ear, but rather rest on your upper cheek bone and the sound is passed through your bones instead.  The audio quality is very nice, they're super light, and the battery lasts eight hours.

Chris

Takumi

I like Klipsch, but I've only ever used their wired earbuds.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Max Rockatansky

I use Trax Titanium bone conducting headphones.  They are intended for cycling but I way more frequently use them on distance runs.

Scott5114

You can get special earbuds that can be heated up to make them more pliable, so that they mold perfectly to the contours of the wearer's ears. You can also order from companies that send you a kit that allow you to make an impression of the wearer's ears, which you then send back, and they use it to make a custom mold.

Over-the-ear headphones may be the easiest and cheapest option, though. I personally find them more comfortable for extended use, no matter how well a pair of earbuds fit.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

SectorZ

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 07, 2021, 10:56:57 PM
I use Trax Titanium bone conducting headphones.  They are intended for cycling but I way more frequently use them on distance runs.

I never even knew these existed. Cycling myself I just rigged a bluetooth speaker watch to my handlebar but I'm keeping this option in the back of my mind if needed in the future. Do you find you can still hear surroundings perfectly fine while riding with them?

JayhawkCO

Quote from: SectorZ on January 08, 2021, 08:33:56 AM

I never even knew these existed. Cycling myself I just rigged a bluetooth speaker watch to my handlebar but I'm keeping this option in the back of my mind if needed in the future. Do you find you can still hear surroundings perfectly fine while riding with them?

Can't speak to this brand, but the Aeropex I recommended earlier allow for you to hear traffic and such very well.  I would assume these would be similar.

Chris

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: jayhawkco on January 08, 2021, 08:37:58 AM
Quote from: SectorZ on January 08, 2021, 08:33:56 AM

Can't speak to this brand, but the Aeropex I recommended earlier allow for you to hear traffic and such very well.  I would assume these would be similar.

Chris

Unless I'm absolutely blasting music (with the Trax) I can hear what is going on around me adequately. 

bluecountry

Quote from: jayhawkco on January 07, 2021, 08:17:20 PM
I'll give you an alternative option.  I just ordered my wife and I the Aftershockz Aeropex bone conducting headphones.  They don't actually go in the ear, but rather rest on your upper cheek bone and the sound is passed through your bones instead.  The audio quality is very nice, they're super light, and the battery lasts eight hours.

Chris
Thank you SO SO SO much, I never even knew about bone conducting ones, just ordered, will see if he can handle these.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: bluecountry on January 08, 2021, 07:13:58 PM
Quote from: jayhawkco on January 07, 2021, 08:17:20 PM

Chris
Thank you SO SO SO much, I never even knew about bone conducting ones, just ordered, will see if he can handle these.

They're pretty great.  I originally got them for my wife because she runs and bikes and I wanted her to be able to hear ambient noise.  But then I tried the pair she got just to see how I thought the sound was.  I'm not an audiophile, but it was just as good as Klipsch/Sennheiser earbuds that I've bought in the past.  There's a little less bass, but you can actually use foam earplugs while wearing these to increase the bass.  I find it's just fine without (unless maybe if I'm playing some 90's hiphop  :sombrero:)

Chris

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.