News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Routes that parallel state borders

Started by hotdogPi, October 09, 2013, 04:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotdogPi

It has to be obvious, like I-91 at the NH/VT border (along with US 5).
These will probably more common when the state border is a river.

IL 1
I-29 in Nebraska, and across the border, US 75
All of US 166
All of NY 22, and across the border, US 7
I-80 and I-90 in Indiana
US 52 northwest of Williamson WV, probably the longest parallel to a state border.
Eastern segment of Mexico 2 (yes, it's still a state border!)
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

Big John

agentsteel53

the western segment of MX-2 runs within 10 feet of the border in some places between Sonoyta and San Luis Rio Colorado.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

hbelkins

US 23 in Kentucky would count. So too would the various segments of KY 8.

And so would WV 2, which but for a few deviations runs mostly within sight of the Ohio River and Ohio state line for the entire length of its border.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

bzakharin

PA 32 and NJ 29 on either side of the border. Further south, I-95 on the PA side of the NJ border from the non-interchange with the PA Turnpike to the Delaware state line. Is the ocean a state line? If so, Garden State Parkway parallels it from the Driscoll Bridge south to its terminus.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

PHLBOS

DE 92 (Naamans Road) and DE/PA 491 (Naamans Creek Road) run mostly parallel to the DE-PA border.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

corco

The US 89/ID 61/WYO 89/UT 30/UT 16/WYO 89 chain of routes

NE2

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

getemngo

DE 54/MD 54, which spends about 10 miles with the state line right down its center.

Quote from: NE2 on October 09, 2013, 04:58:15 PM
MSR 120

Might want to specify the states for people who don't know every MSR. (It's Indiana/Ohio, with the Michigan section connecting them decommissioned in 1961.)
~ Sam from Michigan

formulanone

SteveG1988

Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

Kacie Jane

Washington SRs 4 and 14.  And US 30 and I-84 across the river in Oregon.

NE2

bulldog1979

Quote from: NE2 on October 09, 2013, 07:08:41 PM
M-185
M-185 may follow the shoreline of Mackinac Island, but it's nowhere near the Michigan state line. Now US 2 roughly parallels the state line between Ironwood and Iron River before running further away and turning to cross back into Wisconsin.

Alps

every road around each Hawaiian island

SD Mapman

SD 109 and part of US 18 West River.
The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. - G.K. Chesterton

empirestate

Quote from: 1 on October 09, 2013, 04:02:53 PM
It has to be obvious, like I-91 at the NH/VT border (along with US 5).
These will probably more common when the state border is a river.

IL 1
I-29 in Nebraska, and across the border, US 75
All of US 166
All of NY 22, and across the border, US 7
I-80 and I-90 in Indiana
US 52 northwest of Williamson WV, probably the longest parallel to a state border.
Eastern segment of Mexico 2 (yes, it's still a state border!)

US 9 (New York), then. It parallels the border as obviously as NY 22 does, just further to the west. So does I-81, for that matter. Methinks there may be a missing criterion here...

NE2

mrose

national highway 1

NR44, Bruxner Hwy
NR42, Cunningham Hwy
NR58, Riverina Hwy
B400, Murray Valley Hwy
"Set up road signs; put up guideposts. Take note of the highway, the road that you take." Jeremiah 31:21

dgolub

NY 120A goes right along the New York-Connecticut border.

CNGL-Leudimin

Almost every road in CO East of I-25.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

getemngo

Quote from: bulldog1979 on October 09, 2013, 09:56:46 PM
Quote from: NE2 on October 09, 2013, 07:08:41 PM
M-185
M-185 may follow the shoreline of Mackinac Island, but it's nowhere near the Michigan state line. Now US 2 roughly parallels the state line between Ironwood and Iron River before running further away and turning to cross back into Wisconsin.

...since people started counting oceans as state boundaries.
~ Sam from Michigan

jeffandnicole

Wouldn't every road that runs the same direction as any one of a state's state line count as a parallel road, regardless of it's location within the state?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.