News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Exit number = Route number

Started by hotdogPi, October 20, 2013, 06:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotdogPi

For example, on I-495 in Massachusetts, Exit 38 is Route 38.

I-91 in Connecticut has Exit 5 be Route 5. (It's much easier to find ones that are parallels.)

I-89 in New Hampshire has Exit 11 be Route 11.

Does anyone have any more cool or interesting examples?
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

english si

M11 junction 14 - A14.
A1(M) junction 14 - A14.

roadman65

I believe this was covered recently!  In fact very recently!  However, I know that we can't check every one of the thousands of posts, so it is an honest action, so I thought I would let you know in a very friendly manner.

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=5069.msg110854#msg110854
Update, this topic was made actually last year, so it is not as recent as I thought it was. 
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

dgolub

On New York Thruway (I-87/I-287) in Tarrytown, NY, exit 9 is for US 9.  On the Northway (I-87) in Latham, NY, exit 7 is for NY 7.  On the Yankee Expressway (I-84) in Danbury, CT, exit 7 is for US 7/US 202.

hotdogPi

Does anyone have an example with an A (like 11A)?
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

PHLBOS

Quote from: roadman65 on October 20, 2013, 07:49:32 PM
I believe this was covered recently!  In fact very recently!  However, I know that we can't check every one of the thousands of posts, so it is an honest action, so I thought I would let you know in a very friendly manner.

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=5069.msg110854#msg110854
Update, this topic was made actually last year, so it is not as recent as I thought it was. 
That's actually a different topic covering interchanges between highways having the same exact exit number for each roadway (example: I-93 & 95 in Woburn, MA both being Exit 37).  This thread is asking for where the exit number is coincidentally the same as the route number at that particular interchange.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

hbelkins

Quote from: 1 on October 20, 2013, 08:12:03 PM
Does anyone have an example with an A (like 11A)?

Not exactly, but Exit 25 on I-75 in Kentucky is for US 25W.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jeffandnicole

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=2448.0

It was last discussed in March, 2013, but as roadman eluded to, the search engine here sometimes is tricky.  After a few searches which reveals 'Exit' or 'Route' is used in about 99.8% of the posts on this board and thus wasn't zoning in on what I wanted, I looked thru about 3 or 4 pages of the General Highway Talk folder and happened to finally catch it.

This also brings up another discussion which we had previously: Start a new thread, or dig up an old thread from the grave. This points out the issues with going either way...

Zeffy

Quote from: jeffandnicole on October 21, 2013, 12:13:18 PM
This also brings up another discussion which we had previously: Start a new thread, or dig up an old thread from the grave. This points out the issues with going either way...

IMO, if the topic isn't readily visible on the board (from the 1st page, to maybe the 5th), then starting a new topic works best. Even if it's already been discussed, it still refreshes the discussion of the topic.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

OracleUsr

Georgia has an almost one:  Exit 177 off I-85 is for GA 77
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

wriddle082

Exit 34 off I-77 in SC is for SC 34.

Urban Prairie Schooner

Exit 57 on I-10 in MS -> MS 57.

Not quite exact, but Exit 173 on I-10 in LA -> LA 73.

spooky

I-295 in Rhode Island has RI 2 as Exit 2 and US 6 as Exit 6. Exit 1 is US 1 right over the border in Massachusetts.

PHLBOS

Quote from: spooky on October 21, 2013, 01:48:04 PM
I-295 in Rhode Island has RI 2 as Exit 2 and US 6 as Exit 6. Exit 1 is US 1 right over the border in Massachusetts.
One could say similar for I-95 South's Exit 1 in MA (near the RI border) for US 1 South.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Interstate Trav

In California on I-10 Eastbound at the "Other Desert Cities" Sign CA 111 is exit #111.

CNGL-Leudimin

In Spain, Exit 630 off A-66 is for the parallel road, N-630. If A-23 had an exit just halfway between exits 328 and 332...
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

getemngo

Quote from: Zeffy on October 21, 2013, 12:21:17 PM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on October 21, 2013, 12:13:18 PM

IMO, if the topic isn't readily visible on the board (from the 1st page, to maybe the 5th), then starting a new topic works best. Even if it's already been discussed, it still refreshes the discussion of the topic.

See the topic about reviving old topics. I think this one falls under the category of "okay to revive the old one", since you're not quoting things out of context and confusing everyone. You're just adding to an existing list, which would have been fine.
~ Sam from Michigan

DTComposer

This almost but not quite qualifies, but was mildly interesting:

The I-405 concurrency with CA-22 starts at Exit 21 and ends at Exit 23.

Alps

Yes, this thread has been done before. I know because I contributed to it. But how long ago, or what it was called, I can't be arsed to figure out. Carry on.

WNYroadgeek

Exit 15 on I-490 is for NY 15, and Exit 79 on I-86 is for NY 79.

roadman65

FL 33 Eastbound on I-4 in Florida has Exit 33 for it.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

KEVIN_224

MA Route 16 is Exit 16 (westbound) from I-90/Massachusetts Turnpike in Newton.

empirestate

Quote from: WNYroadgeek on October 21, 2013, 10:07:09 PM
Exit 15 on I-490 is for NY 15...

Good lord. I have never noticed that before...

(Somebody will probably now search m.t.r. archives and prove me wrong...)

Rushmeister

Indy north side.  Exit 31 on I-465 is US 31. 

For some reason I always remember that exit number when giving someone directions.  Any other exit number closer to my home?  Nope.  Never can seem to remember them. 
...and then the psychiatrist chuckled.

bassoon1986

In Louisiana:
I-49 exit 119: LA 119 Cloutierville
I-55 exit 40: LA 40 Independence

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.