News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

PA man says rise in tornadoes caused by traffic in roundabouts

Started by wanderer2575, June 10, 2019, 11:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNGL-Leudimin

I said elsewhere that if this was true my hometown would have been wiped out of existence by an EF5 tornado years ago. And basically many places in Europe.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Brandon

Quote from: wanderer2575 on June 10, 2019, 11:43:28 PM
"The phone lines are open for your calls.  Sir, what's on your mind?"

"We didn't have tornadoes here until we started putting in the traffic circles.  'Cause, on account of – you want to know why?  When people go round and round in circles, it causes disturbance in the atmosphere, and causes tornadoes."

https://triblive.com/news/pennsylvania/pennsylvania-man-says-rise-in-tornadoes-caused-by-traffic-circles/

This is almost as good as when a farmer once claimed that daylight saving time was harmful to farming because the extra hour of sunshine every day burned up the crops.

The only proper response for this caller:

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

D-Dey65

Quote from: Rothman on June 13, 2019, 03:02:04 PM
Quote from: MNHighwayMan on June 13, 2019, 03:00:34 PM
I'm not sure it's getting worse, but it definitely is getting more visible. People have always been stupid; now we just see it more.
^This.  The Internet has given the Crazy and the Stupid a worldwide megaphone.

At least back when I was a kid, they were restricted to CB radio...
That and Ham Radio operators.

I read some comments about this, and I see people saying that guy is both smarter than and dumber than Trump.

You people know I don't advocate putting traffic circles everywhere, but I have to ask; How many tornadoes and/or water spouts have turned up in Jones Beach, Robert Moses State Park, and Smith Point, since the traffic circles were installed there.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.