2019 Ilvermorny Road Meet

Started by dgolub, April 01, 2018, 09:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgolub

I am pleased to announce the 2019 Ilvermorny Road Meet, which will take place on Saturday, April 6, 2019, and will be based out of the Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the American counterpart of Hogwarts, located at the highest peak of Mount Greylock in Massachusetts. The meet will cover the main highway leading to the school, MA 9¾, as well as scenery in the Berkshires along Mohawk Trail (MA 2) and the US 7 expressway north of Bennington, Vermont.

https://www.pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/ilvermorny

hotdogPi

This is the closest roadmeet to me so far. I could probably get here in 2½ hours if I drove. Since I don't drive, I would need to use my broomstick, which would take about 4 hours, but it would still be worth it for me.

The problem: If I clinch a route by flying over it, does that still count as clinching?

Also, even though I know Vermont is a liberal state, it might have some anti-broomstick or other anti-magic laws. You need to check just in case.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Alps

Flight does not clinch a road, sorry. You'll have to land on each road.

cjk374

Damn good thing I checked the calendar. Still shaking my head.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

renegade

Cannot attend.  I will be at a quidditch match on that day.   :popcorn:
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

froggie

I guess April Fools' insanity extends beyond just blogs and social media...

cjk374

Quote from: froggie on April 01, 2018, 03:42:02 PM
I guess April Fools' insanity extends beyond just blogs and social media...

That's what makes life so fun!
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.