News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Moved vs. Removed

Started by DaBigE, February 13, 2014, 11:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaBigE

In light of recent events, when a thread gets cleared out, could the subject line say 'removed' instead of just 'moved'? The latter seems like the topic is accessible elsewhere on the forums.

Also, there was a link to an informative paper (FHWA?, US DOT?) that was linked to in the "What the hell is this?" topic...is there any way to relink that paper? I would PM the author of the post, but I have no way of seeing who posted it now that the thread is empty.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

sammi

I found this in my browsing history (typed fhwa. and it was there)
   http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/bridge/signinspection.pdf
but I don't remember the part of the paper that was being referenced.

Alps

Quote from: Revive 755
They are vibration dampers for the mast arms; see Page 84 (or 95/148) of this document
Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to the subject line.

Brandon

Quote from: Alps on February 13, 2014, 03:50:43 PM
They are vibration dampers for the mast arms; see Page 84 (or 95/148) of this document

Even though it was initiated by a troll, we did have a good discussion going on vibration dampers.  I never knew what they were before.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Alps

Quote from: Brandon on February 13, 2014, 04:16:33 PM
Quote from: Alps on February 13, 2014, 03:50:43 PM

Even though it was initiated by a troll, we did have a good discussion going on vibration dampers.  I never knew what they were before.
OK, restoring what I can salvage of the topic.

DaBigE

Thanks for reposting the link and restoring the good parts of the discussion. :clap:
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.