News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

"We're on <long road> now."

Started by sammi, June 20, 2014, 11:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammi

There was one time, back when we used to take public transit all the time to get around, that we had to go to my mom's friend's place up in Brampton. The route that we were going to take was 77 - Highway 7, which mainly operated along Highway 7 (old ON 7). We were supposed to take it to the end of the line at Highway 50, then my mom's friend would come pick us up and take us to her place.

On the way there, she calls us.

"Where are you?"

My mom says, "We're on Highway 7."

"Oh, okay."

Then I thought, that was not very specific at all, because she would have known that we were on Highway 7 the entire time, and she needed to know our nearest major intersection. I told my mom that, and we just started laughing.

It's become more of a running gag now at home. My mom works in Mississauga (behind the airport), and my dad would drive along Steeles Avenue to get there because 401-(409)-427 usually takes longer.

So whenever I call to ask my dad where they are,

"We're on Steeles."

"And?"

"Bye." hangs up

algorerhythms

One of the projects my mom worked on when she worked at the call center was customer service for a bus service in Virginia. Several of their lines had stops on Richmond Highway (the local name for US 1), and they were all named along the lines of "Richmond Highway and X". So she would often get calls from people who, when she asked what stop they were waiting at, they would say "Richmond Highway." "Which stop on Richmond Highway?" "I don't know"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.