AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Author Topic: 1960 Lincoln Continental Mark V photos  (Read 3931 times)

cpzilliacus

• Last Login: December 31, 2023, 03:00:12 PM
1960 Lincoln Continental Mark V photos
« on: March 04, 2014, 12:56:31 PM »

While I am sure that the fuel miles-per-gallon rate for this beast of a car is close to "undefined," I still think it's a pretty cool-looking product out of Dearborn.

N.Y. Times: Ugly? It’s a Crowd Pleaser Now
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

PHLBOS

• Last Login: February 02, 2024, 08:18:30 PM
Re: 1960 Lincoln Continental Mark V photos
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 04:18:03 PM »

It was also the largest non-Limo car that Lincoln ever made; these were even larger than the land-yacht Continentals/Town Cars/Coupes of the 1970s. 

The wheelbases for the lost '58-'60 Marks III/IV/V (Continentals) and Premier (Lincolns) was 131"... the same as the current Navigator L (extended length) model.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

wxfree

• Last Login: February 22, 2024, 08:08:16 PM
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 05:31:44 PM »

I really am glad to have a modern car that requires much less maintenance, uses much less fuel, almost never fails to start, and easily goes hundreds of thousands of miles with no major repairs, but those beautiful old cars make me wish I were older and had experienced a few of them.
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

nexus73

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:05:54 AM
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 09:15:39 PM »

I really am glad to have a modern car that requires much less maintenance, uses much less fuel, almost never fails to start, and easily goes hundreds of thousands of miles with no major repairs, but those beautiful old cars make me wish I were older and had experienced a few of them.

If it's MPG's you worry about you could do the Neil Young Heavy Metal Continental deal!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincvolt

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

bugo

• The Devil has arrived!

• Last Login: March 15, 2024, 08:22:28 PM
    • No Frills Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 03:10:18 PM »

This car was one of the largest if not the largest unibody car ever built.  From what I've read, they handled surprisingly well for such tanks.  I'd love to have one.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.