News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkt

In Seattle, we have meteorological spring.  It's from mid-February through mid-July.  Compared to winter, it's somewhat warmer; the chance of snow inside the city is pretty much nil.  And it's generally damper than winter, with heavy clouds and drizzle most common.

Summer is from about July 15 to October 1, and it's actually pretty nice.  Mostly dry, with enough rain to keep the plants from all dying.  Long, light evenings.  Not super hot.  In all, very nice.  I ask myself sometimes if it's worth the other 9 1/2 months a year though.

Oh, right.  Today.  Light haze and about 55.  Rain expected this afternoon.

freebrickproductions

It's currently 60°F here in Huntsville, AL, though the high is 58°F.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

wolfiefrick

Beautiful cloudless skies with a high of 66 degrees here in sunny St. Louis!

jp the roadgeek

About to close out meteorological Winter here in CT with the 31st day of 50+ degree temps since December 1st and no snow on the ground except the plow piles in larger parking lots.  Another soaker coming Wednesday.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Rothman

47°F and rain showers currently.  Stupid co-worker of mine just announced that spring has arrived.  I could have throttled him for risking jinxing it.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

SignGeek101

Cold and sunny here in Winnipeg. Windchill could go close to -40 again tonight  :no:

Should warm up here by the weekend to above freezing. At least the days are getting longer now.

ET21

Ended up nearly a foot below average for snow but average for precipitation thanks to rain and a big sleet storm for Chicago's winter. Two quick snows this week before a major warmup next week. A prolonged period of 15-25 degree above average temps as a ridge builds into the eastern 2/3 of the country. Could get wet too

The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

kkt

Yesterday, a little of everything.  Heavy overcast in the morning, sunbreaks around noon, rainbows around 5:00, windstorm, lightning, and downpours in the evening, many people had power and/or internet failures.

mapman1071

:sombrero: On This 1st Full day of Cactus League Baseball in Metro Phoenix 90 F/32.2 C  :sombrero:

noelbotevera

Approaching the high 40's (high of 46 this weekend). Currently high of 42, and it is 36 degrees right now. Later on next week the high will be of 74.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

SignGeek101

(Imperial) forecast for next week here in Winnipeg:

FHWA series D looks better on a webpage than Arial IMO

The snow will actually melt on Sunday and Monday  :sombrero:
I guess Spring is slowly coming.

allniter89

48 & froggy after a severe thunderstorm earlier this evening. Damn thing sat right over us for 2 hrs, super loud thunder & horizontal rain. The 1st clap of thunder made the puppy shit on the rug :angry:, then it took refuge in the bathtub shaking scared of the thunder. I snuck in & turned the shower on the pup, fun knee :)!! The cat, named Mr Cool just laid on the couch & yawned :cool:.
Lost power for 3 hrs so we went to bed at 9pm & here I am wide awake at 0200. I'm thinking about going out & picking up the storm debris in the yard or going to my brothers abode & gettting  something to put me back to sleep :hmmm:, I chose number B, bye yall  :wave:
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

paulthemapguy

Quote from: allniter89 on March 04, 2016, 03:18:10 AM
48 & froggy after a severe thunderstorm earlier this evening. Damn thing sat right over us for 2 hrs, super loud thunder & horizontal rain. The 1st clap of thunder made the puppy shit on the rug :angry:, then it took refuge in the bathtub shaking scared of the thunder. I snuck in & turned the shower on the pup, fun knee :)!! The cat, named Mr Cool just laid on the couch & yawned :cool:.
Lost power for 3 hrs so we went to bed at 9pm & here I am wide awake at 0200. I'm thinking about going out & picking up the storm debris in the yard or going to my brothers abode & gettting  something to put me back to sleep :hmmm:, I chose number B, bye yall  :wave:
Haha that's funny.  I watched that storm on the radar before going to bed last night.  That was pretty fierce line of storms across the panhandle of FL!

Quote from: allniter89 on March 04, 2016, 03:18:10 AM
48 & froggy
:-D
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

dcbjms

30°F out (feels like 22°F) and cloudy.  We're supposed to get snow showers today, though I haven't seen any.  Yet.

CNGL-Leudimin

My part of the world has just had its first thunderstorm ('Extratropical storm' as I call them, since I track tropical storms) of the year. Last Saturday we even got some snow.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Desert Man

About clear with a few clouds rolling in from a storm front coming to CA this weekend...highs in the upper 70s near 80F/27C.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

jakeroot

Here's a radar of Seattle, as of 1140, 13 Mar 2016. Rain and heavy wind expected later today, though not as windy as predicted earlier. Chance of thunderstorms as well, particularly tomorrow (unstable atmosphere with this storm).

noelbotevera

Currently in the 50's, and will stay in the 60's until some time in the future.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

realjd

80/65 and sunny here in central Florida. It's our open window time of year. The cold fronts and cold weather stopped (they don't get this far south) but its not yet tropical wet season so it's not super humid yet. They days are also long enough now that our solar pool heaters are working well so we can start using the pool again too.

ET21

First severe weather day tomorrow! Slight risk for the southern Great Lakes

Clinched:

SignGeek101

After record breaking heat (13 C, 55 F) early in the week (seriously. Winnipeg is that cold), we're back to the seasonal average for temperature (low of 14 F to a high of 32 F in mid March). We got 5 cm of snow last night, covering the brown grass with white snow. All the new snow will melt probably within the next couple weeks as temperatures will probably go up again. Leaves don't come onto trees until early May here.

Weather forecast:

jp the roadgeek

Had some wild spring-like thunderstorms the last couple of evenings.  Meanwhile, the first day of Spring is going to feel and look more like the first day of Winter.  4-8" of snow possible Sunday Night into Monday in CT. Makes me want to put away the Easter eggs and baskets and break out the tree, stockings, and some Nat King Cole.

UPDATE: Now only saying a coating to an inch.  But then again, last time they did that we got 11"
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

wolfiefrick

Today was partly cloudy and 61° in St. Louis.

kkt

Beautiful clear skies today, snow-capped mountains sparkly in the distance, the very rare day that makes me remember why I like it here.

ET21

Was a nice day until a lake induced cold front came through. Went to a bonfire which was nice, but the cold front caught up and dropped temps wih a damp feeling. Currently 35

Clinched:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.