News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Seasonal Food Items You Love

Started by roadman65, April 01, 2024, 06:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

To me the seasonal Arby's Fish Sandwich I would love to see year round. Sad that Lent is over, so is the sale of it.

Strawberry Shortcake at Parksdale Market in Plant City, FL. I believes it stops in April. Each year different date, but starts in February.  Plant City, FL harvests strawberries during the two months of February and March so they only sell it within that period.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

SectorZ

Frappes, a New England version of the milkshake but much better than one. Technically not seasonal since some ice cream places are open year round, but most are only open March-October. I take mine in chocolate.

74/171FAN

Anything pumpkin. (not the coffee-related products because I do not drink coffee)  It is such a shame that it is only a seasonal flavor.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

1995hoo

While I eat deli-style corned beef regularly all year round as a sandwich meat for lunch, corned beef brisket of the sort many people have on St. Patrick's Day can be hard to find the rest of the year, which is too bad because I really like it (although I suppose it's fair to wonder, would I still like it as much if I ate it more often?).
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

formulanone

King cake

Pumpkin pie

Minneola oranges - these seem to have only two short harvest seasons

McRib (a truly evil abomination of BBQ, but a guilty pleasure; was my gateway to barbecue when I was young)

vdeane

Russet apple cider (available at Schutt's near Rochester around Thanksgiving/Christmas and on periodic dates in months following while supplies last)

Cadbury mini eggs (not just at Easter I guess, but I've only seen the single-serving packs around Easter)
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

JayhawkCO

Palisade peaches
Olathe corn
Spritz cookies (around Christmas time)

epzik8

From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

Max Rockatansky

The tomales that everyone around Fresno County starts making between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

cl94

Cadbury Creme Eggs. I certainly prefer ones that aren't American, but I currently have 5 unopened boxes in the apartment.

Apple products. Caramel apples, cider, cider donuts.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

tchafe1978

Paczki (not jelly donuts)

Rothman

Quote from: SectorZ on April 01, 2024, 09:03:59 AMFrappes, a New England version of the milkshake but much better than one. Technically not seasonal since some ice cream places are open year round, but most are only open March-October. I take mine in chocolate.
Quote from: SectorZ on April 01, 2024, 09:03:59 AMFrappes, a New England version of the milkshake but much better than one. Technically not seasonal since some ice cream places are open year round, but most are only open March-October. I take mine in chocolate.

Heh.  Having grown up in New England, a frappe is just a milkshake.  The issue is most Americans think Dairy Queen or soft serve is ice cream, so they think that goo at fast food chains are milkshakes.

In my hometown, frappes were available year round, since ice cream shops were indeed open year round...or you can get them at diners...because they're just milkshakes.

Of course, some time ago, there was a New England version of a milkshake that was just this weird flavored cold milk.  Haven't seen that for decades, though, but probably still around somewhere.  Still, no one outside of New England would call that weird stuff a milkshake...

Anyway, frappes are definitely not seasonal and, for us that grew up around real ice cream, not different than a milkshake.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.